• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BCCS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    +1 for Sig, I carry my 229 daily...also have shot a 226 and a 228, all top quality firearms.

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    Got a chance to handle a Caracal pistol a few weeks ago that belonged to an individual who is a respected firearms instructor in the area.
    We were talking and somehow got on the subject of what he was using currently.
    He pulled out the Caracel and let me look it over while he described how he had bought it as a whim, but was now totally won over to it.
    I must say that it has a natural point to it and the sights are easy for my aging eyes to pick up.
    I must say that I am now on the lookout for one.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Got a chance to handle a Caracal pistol a few weeks ago that belonged to an individual who is a respected firearms instructor in the area.
    We were talking and somehow got on the subject of what he was using currently.
    He pulled out the Caracel and let me look it over while he described how he had bought it as a whim, but was now totally won over to it.
    I must say that it has a natural point to it and the sights are easy for my aging eyes to pick up.
    I must say that I am now on the lookout for one.

The firing pin in Niles, MI had one in stock a few weeks ago

Kb9qcd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    South Bend
    I have had it happen on the all of the 9mm pistols I've rented. Glock, M&P and XD.

It has not happened yet on my FNX-9, but it may be that I only have 500 or so, rounds through it and it isn't broken in yet.

Of the pistols mentioned I liked the M&P least, then the XD, then the Glock.

The only problem I have with the Glock are the scalloped grips, the full frame fits me fine , but the compact and sub compact frames do not fit my fingers well. The others are more forgiving to different hand sizes.

the Glock, as mentioned before has no lack of aftermarket parts available, that also gives it an edge.

As almost everyone before has said, before you buy, keep trying the different guns and choose the one that feels right and works best for you. That is easy with a $10 rental. Too bad they don't have a FNX for you to try, it feels great and shoots straight, too bad I don't.

Top Bottom