• Status
    Not open for further replies.

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    Since i was repremanded from attending nfa day for having a form4 in progress I will have a few ?'s for you guys i was planning on learning at nfa day which is :bs:...anyways... Can i buy a full auto trigger group for an M16 and put it it any lower reciever? Is it the trigger group that is registered or the lower? I have seen trigger groups at the gun show with serial numbers on them.

rushca01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Not to hijack but I'm going to do it anway, it would be nice to have NFA day open to people who already own NFA items. Some of us have only done Form 4's and never Form 1's or only done cans and never SBR's. Would be nice to get the extra info. Plus it's a chance to see/hear what works and what doesn't.

Back to you regular schedule programing.:ingo:

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    Not to hijack but I'm going to do it anway, it would be nice to have NFA day open to people who already own NFA items. Some of us have only done Form 4's and never Form 1's or only done cans and never SBR's. Would be nice to get the extra info. Plus it's a chance to see/hear what works and what doesn't.

They have a nfa day alumni shoot as well but i don't think they go over any details like they do at nfa day for noobies

rushca01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    They have a nfa day alumni shoot as well but i don't think they go over any details like they do at nfa day for noobies

Yes, but it's only for veterans of the NFA day. If you bought NFA and did by yourself you cannot attend. Sorry for the hijack.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    We're working on doing something about that obvious gap. You have to remember that the range space is extremely limited, and Alumni Day was meant for people to show off new toys they had built or bought the last year's shoot. As we're now in the third year, we have way more people who want to be involved than we have space for. We try to get as many people involved as we can, but there's only so much we can do. The range is located on private property and the firearms are "donated" by people generous enough to allow the lucky few to shoot all they want for free (just pay for ammo). The time and effort to plan for a two-day shoot is immense. Adding a third day to all of that would be a ridiculous thing to ask of all of the unpaid volunteers.

Don't forget, "they" is you too. There's nothing stopping you from hosting your own NFA Day.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Can i buy a full auto trigger group for an M16 and put it it any lower reciever?

Generally speaking, no. The trigger group alone may allow full-auto fire in some instances, in which case you've just constructed an illegal machine gun.

Is it the trigger group that is registered or the lower?

Typically, it's the lower receiver itself, or a conversion device such as a drop-in auto sear or Lightning Link. Since the latter two are considered machine guns in and of themselves, you could legally install them in any compatible lower receiver.

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    We're working on doing something about that obvious gap. You have to remember that the range space is extremely limited, and Alumni Day was meant for people to show off new toys they had built or bought the last year's shoot. As we're now in the third year, we have way more people who want to be involved than we have space for. We try to get as many people involved as we can, but there's only so much we can do. The range is located on private property and the firearms are "donated" by people generous enough to allow the lucky few to shoot all they want for free (just pay for ammo). The time and effort to plan for a two-day shoot is immense. Adding a third day to all of that would be a ridiculous thing to ask of all of the unpaid volunteers.

Don't forget, "they" is you too. There's nothing stopping you from hosting your own NFA Day.

If i had land to host it on, then i would have my own nfa day! I appreciate all the time and effort you guys put into spreading the word about nfa items and how to obtain them. Do you guys need any help getting things set up? I will be more than willing to help in any way i can!

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    Generally speaking, no. The trigger group alone may allow full-auto fire in some instances, in which case you've just constructed an illegal machine gun.

Typically, it's the lower receiver itself, or a conversion device such as a drop-in auto sear or Lightning Link. Since the latter two are considered machine guns in and of themselves, you could legally install them in any compatible lower receiver.

Thanks for answering my question shooter521

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

yep. i have something I would have brought for all to use, but then i saw it was limited. oh well. maybe another time. i think its a great event and generous of the people hosting and sharing

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom