• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Remember with every attempt to make a full auto yourself you'll also receive these deluxe accommodations.......... act now operators are standing. Bye!
    GR2006050500157.gif

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Land of the (not)free, home of the registered. [and printed, photographed, filed, investigated, databased, taxed, stamped, tracked, monitored, and controlled]

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    DIAS, drop in auto sear. Buy one you can use will cost as much as buying a full auto. I think there are pre 81's that are cheap, but illegal since they are not serial numbered and cannot be registered. You can own one, but not an AR15 at the same time.

Private sales have seen lower prices lately because of the economy. I saw an MP40 on a board for $6k, dropped from $8k. I wouldn't mind having a PPSH myself but the prices are beyond anything I want to pay for the hassle. Of course, that is the intent of the law, to make that goal attainable, but hard to reach.

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    DIAS, drop in auto sear. Buy one you can use will cost as much as buying a full auto. I think there are pre 81's that are cheap, but illegal since they are not serial numbered and cannot be registered. You can own one, but not an AR15 at the same time. /quote]

HUH ?
    :dunno:

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Charlie Rangel (D-NY) presided over the "vote". In case there's any doubt, the "d" stands for democrat.

And a Republican president signed off on the bill, he could have vetoed it. And I am not taking sides with either party.

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Not to mention that the long-running Shotgun News ad for those "cheap unregistered drop-in auto sears" is widely thought to be a BATF sting operation. :shady:

Are those ads still running? By now I would think everyone and their grand-ma has heard about them

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    Not to mention that the long-running Shotgun News ad for those "cheap unregistered drop-in auto sears" is widely thought to be a BATF sting operation. :shady:

i dont see how a person could purchase one of those without going through the batfe, that is a MG conversion device... period.... in fact that IS the MG, i cant see how someone could get away with selling them without violating some sort of law:dunno:

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    And a Republican president signed off on the bill, he could have vetoed it. And I am not taking sides with either party.

Some folks like throwing Reagan in there in an attempt to muddy the waters. It has been debated often and sometimes heatedly on other gun boards, with the (apparent) majority considering FOPA (in hindsight) to be a net gain for gunowners, despite Hughes' last minute poison pill amendment, because of the effort that it took to get the bill that far. A vocal minority still maintains it should have been rejected because of it [the Hughes amendment].
    It helps to know some of the history behind it. People can come to their own conclusions.
    THE FIREARMS OWNERS' PROTECTION ACT: A HISTORICAL AND LEGAL PERSPECTIVE

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    so basicly he HAS to sign it if i have no felonies or record of any kind...or he doesnt have to sign it just because he doesnt like me:dunno:

The NFA law leaves it entirely within the CLEO's discretion whether to sign or not. There are, however, more than one CLEO, the local chief of police (if any), the local sheriff, the local district (prosecuting) attorney, the chief of the state police, and the state Attorney General, a state judge who has jurisdiction over where you live and who is a judge of a court of general jurisdiction, that is a trial court that can (by law) hear any civil or criminal case (Indiana circuit and superior courts).

SootKing

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    not tellin
    The NFA law leaves it entirely within the CLEO's discretion whether to sign or not. There are, however, more than one CLEO, the local chief of police (if any), the local sheriff, the local district (prosecuting) attorney, the chief of the state police, and the state Attorney General, a state judge who has jurisdiction over where you live and who is a judge of a court of general jurisdiction, that is a trial court that can (by law) hear any civil or criminal case (Indiana circuit and superior courts).

so you mean that anybody above a CLEO could sign it for me then? even though i wouldnt go to that much trouble

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    If we're not allowed to have them then why are there companies that sell the "guts " / parts to make the conversions ?

Because selling the parts is legal and they make a profit doing so. Now possession of the parts and a semi rifle is no longer legal without the proper licenses. So, you have the parts or the rifle but both is felony unless you're an SOT or you have a transferable mg.

Top Bottom