• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • orangeone

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    The one at the Coliseum has always been the "official" FW gun show. It has been shrinking over the years. I would expect it to be the bigger of the two.

The Coliseum show has advertised that they have 200 tables at this show. The K's Merchandise show, put on by Gunslinger Promotions, has over 600 tables. Gunslingers charge $5 admission and the parking is free. This show is their "Customer Appreciation" show. They are giving away a hot dog and bag of chips with each paid admission. They are having hourly door prizes throughout the show. The door prizes include things like $25 gift certificates, t-shirts, bumper stickers, target packages, and turkeys. They also give away five $50 gift certificates at the end of each show for merchandise at a future Gunslinger show. For more info, check out their website: www.GunslingerPromotions.com or their facebook page: www.facebook.com/GunSlingerGunShows.

Combsie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Spencerville,IN
    The Coliseum show has advertised that they have 200 tables at this show. The K's Merchandise show, put on by Gunslinger Promotions, has over 600 tables. Gunslingers charge $5 admission and the parking is free. This show is their "Customer Appreciation" show. They are giving away a hot dog and bag of chips with each paid admission. They are having hourly door prizes throughout the show. The door prizes include things like $25 gift certificates, t-shirts, bumper stickers, target packages, and turkeys. They also give away five $50 gift certificates at the end of each show for merchandise at a future Gunslinger show. For more info, check out their website: www.GunslingerPromotions.com or their facebook page: www.facebook.com/GunSlingerGunShows.

They may have 600 tables, but from my experience it is mostly "junk" tables. Now I'm not saying they're all junk, its just that I don't go to gun shows to buy t-shirts, purse's, snack sticks, $2 knives' etc.,etc.
    Again, just my personal opinion and my :twocents:

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    http://www.facebook.com/GunSlingerGunShows.[/QUOTE

If there are more tables does not mean there is more quality items to be found. Also ZX Gun and Brad's Knives who are 2 INGO advertisers are at the Coliseum show.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

For free parking to the Coliseum Gun Show just park in Johnny Appleseed Park and walk!

It is a five (5) minute extra walk for saving $$$ that could go toward ammo. I know I need all the extra exercise I can get and it isn't a bad walk.

The only downside is if you plan to buy a lot of heavy stuff.

Regards,

Doug

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Curious as to why you don't start your own thread advertising the Gunslinger show....

Since you don't post much, maybe you didn't realize you are dumping on the other show in a thread started by one of INGO's finest advertiser... A advertiser that always has great prices and treats everyone more than fair... If you were being fair, you'd walk your show and look at the prices of the guy up front carrying a large number of ESEE fixed blades and look at his prices... The same knives that Brad/Sheila here carries !!! The difference in his prices and Brads is crazy ! You can save that $5.00 for parking and $1.00 difference on admission and I'll save that $40.00-$45.00 on that ESEE and attend the show you are dumping on...

I won't even go on about the vendor in the corner who was bagging up crap Remmy bulk pack .22LR and selling them for $15.00/100...

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I went to both. Mainly because I had vendors at each that I wanted something specific from. Brad has great prices and I have enjoyed working with him. I chalk the entrance fee up to no shipping fee. Plus $5 off at local shops = free parking?

there was a knife vendor at Kays charging literally twice as much for stuff. Crazy.

Lunati

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Warsaw
    Curious as to why you don't start your own thread advertising the Gunslinger show....

Since you don't post much, maybe you didn't realize you are dumping on the other show in a thread started by one of INGO's finest advertiser... A advertiser that always has great prices and treats everyone more than fair... If you were being fair, you'd walk your show and look at the prices of the guy up front carrying a large number of ESEE fixed blades and look at his prices... The same knives that Brad/Sheila here carries !!! The difference in his prices and Brads is crazy ! You can save that $5.00 for parking and $1.00 difference on admission and I'll save that $40.00-$45.00 on that ESEE and attend the show you are dumping on...

I won't even go on about the vendor in the corner who was bagging up crap Remmy bulk pack .22LR and selling them for $15.00/100...

In before "Other Dave" complains about you saying good things about a vendor...

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    In before "Other Dave" complains about you saying good things about a vendor...
    In this case you are gravely mistaken. I have nothing but good things to say about Brad and Sheila. I wish I could say the same about the "member" XtremeVel was replying to. Maybe you missed your morning dose of MYOB.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    For future reference, how did the folks that went to both compare the two shows? I have never been to the Kay's show.

Lunati

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Warsaw
    In this case you are gravely mistaken. I have nothing but good things to say about Brad and Sheila. I wish I could say the same about the "member" XtremeVel was replying to. Maybe you missed your morning dose of MYOB.

I think everyone is entitled to their opinion, funny I was thinking the same about you.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    For future reference, how did the folks that went to both compare the two shows? I have never been to the Kay's show.

Honestly, until this show I always thought the colliseum one was better. But aside from Brad, I'd go with Kay's hands down. More vendors is the main reason.

Last edited:

The Knife Queen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    I'm just curious, why don't you guys go to Gun Slinger shows? As a customer I prefer those shows over the coliseum's insane prices. Plus the coliseum show is shrinking by the show and there no deals there anymore because of the crazy prices dealers have to pay just set up.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    I'm just curious, why don't you guys go to Gun Slinger shows? As a customer I prefer those shows over the coliseum's insane prices. Plus the coliseum show is shrinking by the show and there no deals there anymore because of the crazy prices dealers have to pay just set up.

When they first started the shows in the old Kay's merchandise building I went to 2 or 3 of them. "More vendors" is misleading because half of them were flea market crap.

I'm not there to see toys and imported Chinese knives and T-shirts and bumper stickers and magazines, nor your hand made leather or paracord goods.

The show at the coliseum is better organized, has more quality firearms, fewer 'junk' vendors, and is at a frankly much nicer venue. I never noticed any significant price differences, they all pretty much just suck at both places.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    When they first started the shows in the old Kay's merchandise building I went to 2 or 3 of them. "More vendors" is misleading because half of them were flea market crap.

I'm not there to see toys and imported Chinese knives and T-shirts and bumper stickers and magazines, nor your hand made leather or paracord goods.

The show at the coliseum is better organized, has more quality firearms, fewer 'junk' vendors, and is at a frankly much nicer venue. I never noticed any significant price differences, they all pretty much just suck at both places.

I have only been to the one at the Elkhart Hall of Fame and what you say rings true to me. The lighting was sort of dim. It seemed like there were quite a few junk vendors. Even the used guns that were there seemed to be overpriced and not in great shape.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.

Regardless of the overhead that is required to do a any show, my prices and most of the other vendor's prices do not change from show to show.

Top Bottom