• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • silentvoice71

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ft Wayne IN
    Are the newer m&p 9 full size problems gone or still alive and kicking? Im mostly talking about the accuracy but, also worried about extractor and dead trigger issues.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I haven't had a lick of gun-caused trouble with mine.

Ammo troubles - a few.

All of my accuracy issues are my fault....just like with ANY gun I shoot.

-J-

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    The factory trigger is still junk. The fancy "pro" models withe the "core" are nice except their triggers suck too. Accuracy it what you make of it. I prefer the M&P to other plastic guns but pretty much know I'm putting $100 into a trigger job.

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I was at a training class this weekend and there were a couple of M&Ps that had some serious trigger issues, specifically in the reset. There was also a Shield with an Apex trigger that was dangerously light.

The instructors had M&Ps and they all ran great.

3 of us had PPQs and they ran phenomenally!

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I bought my M&P 9mm in 2007 and have never had any issues. I also bought a 45 in 2007 and it was great as well. I bought a compact 9mm for my daughter in 2009 that works as well as the others and bought myself a compact 9mm last October that has works great. as far as folks that complain about the M&P I have no idea where they get it from. I have bought several over a few different years and they all have great triggers, are accurate and have had ZERO malfunctions.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I have the M&P9 4.25" Pro model and 3,000 rounds through it without an issue at all. 1100 rounds where through a 2-day pistol course and it ran like a champ without a cleaning or lube in between. Accuracy out of mine has been phenomenal same with my M&P9c. The triggers are what they are and I refuse to put more money into one; they can be learned and I know of several great shooters that flat rock a bone-stock M&P9 without the Apex upgrade. I like my M&Ps, 9 & 45, and if it weren't for Glock I'd be shooting them more often.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Check out Bowie tactical for trigger jobs on the M&P. I'm guessing that folks who haven't had trigger "problems" don't really know the difference between a good trigger and a crappy one. It's not a function issue. My triggers worked fine. They just feel like crap and have long pulls and resets.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    So far as accuracy with my M&P is concerned any problems are all me. The M&P trigger sucks! Even on the Pro Series. Interestingly enough new shooters don't seem to have too much trouble with it.

Mine has been 100% reliable. But I don't shoot it much. No fun sending ammo down range that never connects with anything.

Freedom556

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2012
    I've heard they have fixed the accuracy issue with the newer barrels they are using. I wouldn't hesitate for that reason. I handled an m&p with the apex kit and thought the trigger felt great.

BillT8436

Plinker
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Smith & Wesson still make M&P pro 5". They also make a CORE 4 1/2 & 5" that has a plate near the rear site and can be removed the red dot optics.
    I have fired 8,000 rounds through m&p's. Apex trigger is much better.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    So far as accuracy with my M&P is concerned any problems are all me. The M&P trigger sucks! Even on the Pro Series. Interestingly enough new shooters don't seem to have too much trouble with it.

Mine has been 100% reliable. But I don't shoot it much. No fun sending ammo down range that never connects with anything.

This may be the first time I've seen anyone say this but I've noticed it also. The first pistol I ever bought and owned is an M&P pro 5" and 2 of the 3 pistols I currently own are M&P's with the second being a straight up full size. I can certainly feel a difference in the trigger as compared to "nice triggers" on 1911's and other fine tuned guns but as a newer shooter without 10,000 rounds of handgun shooting under my belt I just don't see the difference in a good trigger vs a M&P trigger being prractically significant. I think consistent trigger time, and training so much outweigh the significance of the trigger feel.

It kind of reminds me of when I used to race triathlons. I'd see guys 100 lbs overweight paying $500 and up to $2000 MORE for a bike because it was OUNCES lighter than the next best option.

Top Bottom