• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chayne02

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    OK, I plan on going and shooting. I have read the rules and have everything I need, but I do have one questions. I plan on shooting my Walther P22, I have enough ammo but I only have 4 10 round mags. Do I need to stop by and pick up a fifth magazine, or do you all think that 4 is enough? Thanks for any feedback. Look forward to meeting you all there.

PS. Last time I went to MCFG, I went with a member who had a gate pass, will the gate be open or do I have to make arrangments to get in tomorrow?

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Gate will open at 5 o'clock. If you get their early just wait till 5 or someone with a pass comes.

For mags, I'd say 40 rounds to the line is fine. But that all depends on your shooting ability. You will have to make about 18 hits per stage. I say go for it. Worst case is you take a max time if you run out of ammo. But i think you'll be fine.

RePete68

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    82   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Lowell, IN
    I plan on coming down today from NW Indiana area. We are expecting up to 8 inches of snow this afternoon. Just want to make sure there is not a possibility of cancellation before I drive down to Indy.

RePete68

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    82   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Lowell, IN
    OK, I plan on going and shooting. I have read the rules and have everything I need, but I do have one questions. I plan on shooting my Walther P22, I have enough ammo but I only have 4 10 round mags. Do I need to stop by and pick up a fifth magazine, or do you all think that 4 is enough? Thanks for any feedback. Look forward to meeting you all there.

PS. Last time I went to MCFG, I went with a member who had a gate pass, will the gate be open or do I have to make arrangments to get in tomorrow?

I have 3 or 4 extra P22 mags. I can bring them for you to borrow if you want. RePete

Chaz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2011
    I've been "Jones-in" for some shooting and actually considered coming out tonite. I really enjoyed myself last time but, man, I just can't do the cold stuff. I just can't. I shake so bad it defeats the purpose.
    But, I have a question for you guys who shoot there often: Do you have a dueling tree and if so, do you ever use it at FNS??? I have been getting plans together for some different steel targets (Texas Star, Dueling Tree, etc.) and thought that could be a good target for FNS. After one guy shoots all six, the next guy sends them back to the other side. You could even specify the order and have different size targets to make it interesting. I didn't see one there, when I was there, but I thought it would work.

Thoughts??

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Can anyone tell me how long this usually lasts? I am a first time FNS shooter and will be bringing my brother but my wife and I are going to Stir Crazy tonight for an early Valentine's Day dinner. She will not agree with shooting cancelling plans for dinner so I need to get out of there by around 7.

Thanks.

It will last past 7. We won't start shooting till 615 or so. 8-830 is a better estimate of when it will end.

Billy Bob Chubb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    Gate will open at 5 o'clock. If you get their early just wait till 5 or someone with a pass comes.

For mags, I'd say 40 rounds to the line is fine. But that all depends on your shooting ability. You will have to make about 18 hits per stage. I say go for it. Worst case is you take a max time if you run out of ammo. But i think you'll be fine.

So does it take more than one hit to knock down the steel plate?

Top Bottom