• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    They just opened one of those in fort wayne. I wonder if they have the sign as well. I'd almost be willing to confront them about the Illinois code cited. Guessing they wouldn't care though.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I'm fine to carry there, my EDC is US made, locally bought, and 100% fat/cholesterol free! I would claim Organic, but don't have the $$$ to fund a lobbyist...

Carbon, steel, wood, lead, brass, copper and nitrocellulose are all natural, so, unless you're packing plastic, it is all natural.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    1. They are based in IL and therefore use the same vendor for all stickers company wide as they project their Chicago-centric wishes/assumptions (if its illegal here, its illegal everywhere, right?)

Kirk's First Law of the Internet rears its ugly head yet again.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Need to replace it with this one. I wonder how many people would actually stop and read what it says.

images

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Need to replace it with this one. I wonder how many people would actually stop and read what it says.

images

It would be fun to place that next to a no gun sign. Unfortunately few would read. People just don't read signs on their way into stores.

cooltools

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    Looks like I'll keep my M9 in the safe, which is where it is most of the time. Guess I'll just carry my H&K USP .45, better gun anyway !

Turfweazel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    The store in Fort Wayne has that same sticker in the window. My wife and I went in when it opened to look around unless you are looking for bulk granola and trail mix the prices are not any better than any other store. I had my PX4 on when we went in and no one said anything to me so it must just be the 92 they don't like.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    One of these stores just opened near my office and I was curious what they were "about". Looks like they may be more fluff than "fresh" anyway.

from their website: overflowing with fruits and vegetables, fresh from the farm, often locally grown and much of it organic. We’re so passionate about produce that we’ve made it the nucleus of the store, ensuring the bounty of fruits and vegetables is visible from all other departments.

Nothing there with any real definition that indicates more fresh or more local than anyone else. If they have a no-firearms sign, I'll definitely go to the nearby Kroger instead.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I have shopped at the one in Greenwood, before they put the sign up. They have a way better produce section that Trader Joes, great fresh made sausage, and the a fore mentioned bulk items.
    Not sure if I will return now, or not.. I can't personally ask the Manager about the sign, since my employer has an account with them..

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    No sign that I have witnessed in the Lafayette store but even if there were I don't think anyone would see it.:D

They put it up because corporate says to put it up even though this is not Illinois. It's like a Zig Ziglar story.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Anyone know about Earth Fare? Fresh Thyme is neat but pricey on some things.

Earth Fare seems to be a little higher price wise, not sure about their Gun policy here, but I found this online..

Thank you for your email and for taking the time to send us your comments and your feedback. It is very important to us that we hear from our customers.

We understand and respect your position on this matter. However, we have no plan to change our no-guns policy to allow firearms in our stores. We certainly appreciate your long time loyalty and sincerely hope you will continue to shop with us in the future.

If there is anything else we can help you with, now or in the future please let us know. Again, we appreciate your feedback and your continued support.

Kind regards,
    Anastasia
    Assistant to the CEO

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I can not imagine that their produce section could be any better than Strack and VanTil in Highland. I OC there all the time and aside from one customer questioning me once I've had no bad experiences. I have talked to managers and and other employees many times.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    For anyone who's not been, they have a silly way of stacking that creates a fun game of Jenga should you want to check out anything but the very top piece of produce. I actually asked a guy about it who was meticulously stocking oranges. He said catastrophic avalanches occur daily.

Fresh-Thyme-organic-apples.jpg

Fresh-Thyme-Produce.jpg

7300589ac7d5d5ed54f4731272a6dff5.jpg

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Wow those stacks are way too neat for your average retail crowd.

It's a good thing we aren't the equal of MDA, or we would be in there threatening to regularly pull out the bottom pepper until they remove their "no guns" sign.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom