• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • US1882

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2020
    Noblesville
    Last May I submitted two forms to take advantage of the Free SBR on a couple of CMMG Banshees. Called today to check on them and they were suspended meaning since the new rule was appealed they discontinued the processing of those forms. Anybody else heard this. When searching the forum I saw a few who submitted them in May and had stamps in a matter of weeks.

I also checked on two suppressors. Submitted in August. They are delayed waiting on a the FBI background check. They couldn’t tell me when they went to the FBI. Is there a way to contact FBI to determine the delay? I have other suppressors. Also seeing the quick return times makes me think there is a problem. Submitted through Silencerco. Probably need to reach out to them.

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Mine was "approved with conditions" in 30 days last year during the grace period. Ive not heard if they are revoking the SBR status or anything like that but I have wondered since they dont actually give you a stamp if you filed under the "free" form 1 process. You get an approved form 1 with conditions and the conditions being "in compliance with" whatever that ruling was called.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Mine was "approved with conditions" in 30 days last year during the grace period. Ive not heard if they are revoking the SBR status or anything like that but I have wondered since they dont actually give you a stamp if you filed under the "free" form 1 process. You get an approved form 1 with conditions and the conditions being "in compliance with" whatever that ruling was called.
    The stamp is proof of a paid tax, and since there was no tax paid, there was no stamp issued.

The "approved with conditions" is standard language on a lot of NFA submissions - dealer samples, forbearance filings, dealers selling inventory going out of business, and other times too. It was also added because the brace rule was under appeal at the time of the forbearance so if it was overturned, they could theoretically remove the item from the NFA registry.

My guess is that revoking the status of these items and removing them from the NFA registry would stir up more issues than the NFA branch wants to deal with right now. They threw us all a bone with automating the efile process and cutting wait times. At least we can be happy about that.

Top Bottom