Fox News, Joining The Liberal Fake News...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I have to wonder if they can selectively deny matching contributions to certain charities, or if they have to match funds to any 501c.
    If one could get access to say MSNBC’s matching gift’s site, if there are options for NRA, Second Amendment Foundation, Liberty Moms, etc., then I’d say you might be right.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    If one could get access to say MSNBC’s matching gift’s site, if there are options for NRA, Second Amendment Foundation, Liberty Moms, etc., then I’d say you might be right.
    Do you think those are actually listed though? My company matches donations. There is not a list of approved charities, just requirements for qualifying. I would expect the same from Fox and such. Any 501c would qualify would be my guess.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Do you think those are actually listed though? My company matches donations. There is not a list of approved charities, just requirements for qualifying. I would expect the same from Fox and such. Any 501c would qualify would be my guess.
    The video I saw showed the various charities Fox had as eligible for matching contributions. I don't know how they selected them to pull them up for review. The information they showed led me to believe they had been pre-approved by their powers that be.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The video I saw showed the various charities Fox had as eligible for matching contributions. I don't know how they selected them to pull them up for review. The information they showed led me to believe they had been pre-approved by their powers that be.
    What I see is someone showing the portal and how those charities are available for matching.

Their app is managed by a company called Benevity. Looks like they are popular with a lot of large Corps. The website looks pretty progressive.

They do not list their requirements for being listed with the app, nor do they have a list of eligible charities. Therefore I can't tell how political the list is.

This feels a lot like twisting facts to get outrage from people.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    What I see is someone showing the portal and how those charities are available for matching.

Their app is managed by a company called Benevity. Looks like they are popular with a lot of large Corps. The website looks pretty progressive.

They do not list their requirements for being listed with the app, nor do they have a list of eligible charities. Therefore I can't tell how political the list is.

OK

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

THIS
    IS
    INGO

maxresdefault.jpg

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Huh. Apparently they do have some say in what charities they’ll support.

“The Blaze, citing sources inside Fox, reported the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, a charity in which Fox reportedly said would not match donations because it "doesn't meet program guidelines," was given an invitation to join the matching program.”

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Huh. Apparently they do have some say in what charities they’ll support.

“The Blaze, citing sources inside Fox, reported the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, a charity in which Fox reportedly said would not match donations because it "doesn't meet program guidelines," was given an invitation to join the matching program.”

That is far different than what was originally reported. Rejecting a charity is not the same as picking out those individual charities that they were being slammed for.

How anyone could think that Fox HR is going through and picking from the million+ charities to decide which are OK is beyond me. I'm sure that's one of the reasons they use that company to manage it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That is far different than what was originally reported. Rejecting a charity is not the same as picking out those individual charities that they were being slammed for.

How anyone could think that Fox HR is going through and picking from the million+ charities to decide which are OK is beyond me. I'm sure that's one of the reasons they use that company to manage it.
    Maybe people showing their outrage has more power than they realize. The left has figured that out.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

No, not different. Who said they were picking? They are “willing to match donations” to nefarious organizations.

“Insiders have revealed to Blaze Media that Fox will subsidize some of the very activist groups that despise and seek the ruin of the network's viewers, evidencing a "complete disregard and hatred" for its core audience.”

"Fox Giving" is an app in the company portal that facilitates charitable donations via the Canadian-based donation management platform Benevity. Fox will apparently match donations up to $1,000 to various organizations that satisfy the company's criteria.”

“While on its face, this appears to be little more than an attempt at corporate beneficence, the company is willing to match donations to the Satanic Temple, the Trevor Project, Planned Parenthood (and local Planned Parenthood branches), and the Southern Poverty Law Center – radical leftist groups antipathetic to conservatives and the values they hold most dear.”

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    No, not different. Who said they were picking? They are “willing to match donations” to nefarious organizations.

“Insiders have revealed to Blaze Media that Fox will subsidize some of the very activist groups that despise and seek the ruin of the network's viewers, evidencing a "complete disregard and hatred" for its core audience.”

"Fox Giving" is an app in the company portal that facilitates charitable donations via the Canadian-based donation management platform Benevity. Fox will apparently match donations up to $1,000 to various organizations that satisfy the company's criteria.”

“While on its face, this appears to be little more than an attempt at corporate beneficence, the company is willing to match donations to the Satanic Temple, the Trevor Project, Planned Parenthood (and local Planned Parenthood branches), and the Southern Poverty Law Center – radical leftist groups antipathetic to conservatives and the values they hold most dear.”
    Somebody, somewhere in the Fox empire gets a report that summarizes the contributions and to whom they're going. That somebody has to approve them. They know. They are writing check(s). The organization knows where that money is going and it must comply with their giving policy. That...or they have no one administering and approving this program, they don't care, or it complies with their corporate giving policies. That this is on some autonomous autopilot with no oversight whatsoever defies my experience with corporations.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I doubt they didn’t know what charities were available on the app.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Somebody, somewhere in the Fox empire gets a report that summarizes the contributions and to whom they're going. That somebody has to approve them. They know. They are writing check(s). The organization knows where that money is going and it must comply with their giving policy. That...or they have no one administering and approving this program, they don't care, or it complies with their corporate giving policies. That this is on some autonomous autopilot with no oversight whatsoever defies my experience with corporations.
    You think that someone at Fox is going over every charity that they match funds to?

I think that the company they paid to handle that job, sends them a bill for what they owe. If the company is on the approved list by that company, why would someone at Fox care. That is what they pay that company for. They have somewhere around 9K employees. Any or all of which could donate to multiple charities. It would be a full time job for someone at Fox to do that. Which is why they pay someone else to do it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You think that someone at Fox is going over every charity that they match funds to?

I think that the company they paid to handle that job, sends them a bill for what they owe. If the company is on the approved list by that company, why would someone at Fox care. That is what they pay that company for. They have somewhere around 9K employees. Any or all of which could donate to multiple charities. It would be a full time job for someone at Fox to do that. Which is why they pay someone else to do it.
    Yes, I do. Somebody somewhere audits and reviews where the money goes. At least that’s my experience working for a large corporation. Somebody in some cubicle somewhere has a PowerPoint deck showing how the corporate giving is spread across the communities so they can brag about their giving.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Do you know how many charities there are in this country?
    That's not the number in question. Which charities does the app support? I doubt all of them. Surely HR would have some kind of vetting process to make sure there are no right wing charities on it.

Top Bottom