• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Many Democrats today aren’t like you or my greatest generation grandfather.

I think that's the main problem a lot of older democrats don't seem to understand.

The party left them, almost 20 years ago. The party doesn't agree with them or represent them anymore. They're just in denial about it because they don't see an alternative.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think that's the main problem a lot of older democrats don't seem to understand.

The party left them, almost 20 years ago. The party doesn't agree with them or represent them anymore. They're just in denial about it because they don't see an alternative.

This is my Dads side all the way. Those lever pulling Dems lost their minds when "O" was the guy and they flipped out in a major way due to some deep seeded issues they have had for ever but they still pulled the damned "D" lever. When asked about it they all just shrugged and made a face but walked the party line. Idiots pure and simple.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This is in dispute. The Minnesota governor is saying that, but a check shows the vast majority (38/45 with one unknown) are state citizens:

Jail records show most arrested in Minneapolis riots have Minnesota addresses

Most. Most is the key word. Think of these outsiders as supervisors or coordinators. You dont need a fire, you just need a spark. So you dont need to bring your own rioters, you just have to have a couple instigators to goad the crowd into following your lead. Like that weirdly dressed white guy with the umbrella and hammer breaking the windows at Autozone. He and his imports dont need to loot the place. They just need to nudge the amped up crowd and let them pick up where they left off.

And I'm sure most of those professional agitators are a little more heads up and prepared to avoid arrest. break a few windows, light a few fires, and as soon as the mob follows your lead you melt into the crowd to go find the next not so unruly crowd to encourage.

My pals in public safety in Johnson County told me that a town marshal in the county is offering to deputize anyone willing to help. I put 75% veracity to the statement, but pretty cool if true.

In my younger, single days I might have taken him up on the offer. Today? Ive got my own fish to fry and things to protect.

Blue Bridge in Owensboro has rioters walking across being stopped by Spencer country and IN State Police!

They probably dont realize how good they have it with our guys just turning them around. If I am hearing the federal statutes correctly, If they continue to protest and it gets ugly on our side, they can be brought up on federal charges because you cant cross state lines to act the fool. (violently and destructively) Thats a BIG old "get outta jail free" card.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    This is my Dads side all the way. Those lever pulling Dems lost their minds when "O" was the guy and they flipped out in a major way due to some deep seeded issues they have had for ever but they still pulled the damned "D" lever. When asked about it they all just shrugged and made a face but walked the party line. Idiots pure and simple.

Thank you for that.

Keep it up and I'll pull a unicorn foto out. :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thank you for that.

This is a perfect picture of the world I was raised in. The unicorns came much later. After I saw the light and stepped into it.

This is so much deeper than I wish to discuss here in open forum but those men were the most racially prejudiced people I have ever known. And so much more.
    That they actually voted for "O" just showed the brainwashing they had allowed to take place. Gov. jobs and UAW workers all. Honest hard working bill paying but clueless as the party morphed away from what it was.

That you are still a member is just fine with me Alpo. But I might let you ride a unicorn some day if you want to see the light.....:lmfao:

Or I will just buy you that adult beverage and a C-burger. After a few we can then solve the issues we now face.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Thank you for that.

I think there’s a difference between your active, current decision making process (which I won’t pretend to understand) and the 1950’s 60’s generation Democrats. The party left them and they haven’t been thoughtful enough to be able to move with it, or without it. Really, the definition of a sheep in a lot of ways. You, on the other hand, can explain (well, until you tell us to look it up ourselves ;)) your views and reasoning.
    So, if I had to guess, and it’s a dangerous game to put words in cm’s mouth, that he wasn’t calling you an idiot. At least in the context of being a left behind type.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think there’s a difference between your active, current decision making process (which I won’t pretend to understand) and the 1950’s 60’s generation Democrats. The party left them and they haven’t been thoughtful enough to be able to move with it, or without it. Really, the definition of a sheep in a lot of ways. You, on the other hand, can explain (well, until you tell us to look it up ourselves ;)) your views and reasoning.
    So, if I had to guess, and it’s a dangerous game to put words in cm’s mouth, that he wasn’t calling you an idiot. At least in the context of being a left behind type.

Nope. I have a lot of respect for our Alpo. He will stand his ground regardless. Most everything I throw at him either gets thrown back or laughed off as it should.

In all honesty I do not understand the mind set but I will stand in lockstep with you in defense of your rights to think/feel/act according to your beliefs as long as it does not enter my safe space. Then :poop: gets real ugly.

You have to respect anyone that stays the course to their convictions.
    In my mind we have been divided by design.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The fireworks outside my house that have been going on for a week are a little off-putting at the moment, but otherwise calm.

No :poop:.

Sitting here in my windowless home office on INGO 20 minutes ago. I suddenly hear a loud bang, followed quickly by several others. I literally did the rabbit freeze to listen closely for the exact sound and in my mind I'm starting the OODA loop ready to grab the rifle. Then the tell tale near instantaneous bangs that solidify its a pack of QUALITY firecrackers. Not those tiny ones you get 10 for a dollar at the fireworks stand.

Not that I expect anything in my hood, but making sure the wife is oriented on the AR platform before I leave town tomorrow on business for a day or two.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Perfect weather for sitting outside watching over the neighborhood. I have one inconsiderate neighbor up wind this evening burning trash with plastic in it. I want to sneak into his bedroom and pee on his pillow. Stupid moron. I may settle for pouring used motor oil in his driver seat.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom