• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    What usually happens when you disobey direct orders from your boss?

But let's just follow this scenario out. Okay, so you disobey orders and go to where the protests are. You see some schmucks trying to prevent the forward movement of a pickup truck, with guns drawn. You go in and arrest he two idiots. We'll even avoid the obvious part of the scenario where the angry mob does all they can to prevent you from arresting the two schmucks. Okay so you take them in to book them. I'm guessing the booking part might go as planned. And then somewhere in the process, possibly before they're even booked, your boss finds out, but let's say after booking to make things simple. What happens to the two schmucks? Probably released the same night while your ass is in deep ****. But maybe the union can help keep your job. Or not. I don't know. But betcha the two schmucks are released soon after booking without charges. Now, add in the part where the angry mob DIDN'T let you do your job. So after all that, how worth the hassles was arresting the two schmucks?

And when I say schmucks, I mean *******s. And the one looked kinda like he's also a **********. But I'm trying to cut down my use of asterisks. So schmucks.

Wow. Just ****ing wow.

"Yeah, I know they committed criminal confinement with a weapon, a felony. But man, it's just not worth it to arrest them. And what if the crowd gets mad? Hoo-boy, we can't have that. Let's go run radar on Southport Road where it's safe. Maybe we can catch some scofflaw going 10 over the limit."

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Wow. Just ****ing wow.

"Yeah, I know they committed criminal confinement with a weapon, a felony. But man, it's just not worth it to arrest them. And what if the crowd gets mad? Hoo-boy, we can't have that. Let's go run radar on Southport Road where it's safe. Maybe we can catch some scofflaw going 10 over the limit."

That's a very uncharitable and hyperbolic retelling, which is a nicer way of saying bull****. Did you not pay attention? You don't even know it's happening because you're NOT ALLOWED TO BE THERE!!! So let's say you did go where you were forbidden to go, and you did see it happening. Are you alone? Do you have backup? How many cops went rogue with you? Once the angry mob starts attacking you, and you radio that in, I imagine the Calvary would come, orders or not. But then what? The schmucks get out the same night? I don't see a realistic senario where you get to play hero-o-justice in this.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    A couple thoughts: arson is a felony; Portland is a dumpster fire; I want my Country back.
    [h=1]Portland riot declared as fire burns in police union offices
    [/h]PORTLAND, Ore. — A fire inside a police union building led authorities in Portland, Oregon, to declare a riot and force protesters away from the offices as violent demonstrations continue in the city that had hoped for calm after federal agents withdrew more than a week ago.

A group of demonstrators broke into the Portland Police Association building, set the fire and were adding to it when officers made the riot declaration late Saturday, police tweeted. Video shot by a journalist shows smoke and flames arising from inside the building.

Several hundred people had gathered outside the offices, which are located about 5 miles (8 kilometers) north of the federal courthouse that had been the target of nightly violence earlier this summer. The Portland Police Association is a labor union that represents members of the Portland Police Bureau.

Live video had showed multiple dumpster fires had been set near the building, less than half an hour after police tweeted that “criminal activities including, but not limited to, vandalism, unlawful entry to the building, or fire starting," could be subject to arrest, the use of tear gas and/or crowd-control munitions.

Once the riot was declared — just after 11:30 p.m. — officers formed a line and used flash bangs and smoke canisters to force the crowd away from the area.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-riot-declared-as-fire-burns-in-police-union-offices

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    A couple thoughts: arson is a felony; Portland is a dumpster fire; I want my Country back.
    Portland riot declared as fire burns in police union offices

PORTLAND, Ore. — A fire inside a police union building led authorities in Portland, Oregon, to declare a riot and force protesters away from the offices as violent demonstrations continue in the city that had hoped for calm after federal agents withdrew more than a week ago.

A group of demonstrators broke into the Portland Police Association building, set the fire and were adding to it when officers made the riot declaration late Saturday, police tweeted. Video shot by a journalist shows smoke and flames arising from inside the building.

Several hundred people had gathered outside the offices, which are located about 5 miles (8 kilometers) north of the federal courthouse that had been the target of nightly violence earlier this summer. The Portland Police Association is a labor union that represents members of the Portland Police Bureau.

Live video had showed multiple dumpster fires had been set near the building, less than half an hour after police tweeted that “criminal activities including, but not limited to, vandalism, unlawful entry to the building, or fire starting," could be subject to arrest, the use of tear gas and/or crowd-control munitions.

Once the riot was declared — just after 11:30 p.m. — officers formed a line and used flash bangs and smoke canisters to force the crowd away from the area.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-riot-declared-as-fire-burns-in-police-union-offices

It's becoming increasingly difficult to tell the difference between Portland and the current state of affairs in Beirut.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Actually I think the citizens of Beirut have a more legitimate beef with their government than the ones in Portland.

Not sure about that. Looks like government officials are directly culpable and had clear alternatives to allowing the damage done in both cities.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Not sure about that. Looks like government officials are directly culpable and had clear alternatives to allowing the damage done in both cities.

Yeah, good point. But the ones protesting in Portland are the ones that have been causing the damage. The ones in Beirut are protesting their government for allowing the thing that caused the damage.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    This is just one company, but it will be interesting to watch how this develops. Say: Didn't I read that NYC removed $1B from police funding?

[video=youtube;Ordqvc2Kbtg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ordqvc2Kbtg[/video]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom