Not open for further replies.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So your argument is that the constitution should be null and void because protecting the innocent would be politically inconvenient?

While I don't believe intervention is a good idea for most of these riots, setting the precedent that terror groups can take and hold territory without consequences is taking that a step too far.
    I'm not making an argument, I'm asking a question; isn't wasn't rhetorical.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Somewhere the discussion moved from a flag to Seattle. I agree that surrounding a group holding that flag with the military is silly. On that I agree with Jetta. However someone starting moving the goalposts to Seattle or is that picture from the group in Seattle?

The Seattle thing, which I have not heard about until oh 5 min ago reading through here, I agree with the most of you. If i can't go and conduct business because jackasses set up a perimeter and the state does not take care of it so I am "free to move about the country" then the national guard should be nationalized, drive tanks down every street knocking down all these barrels and running over anyone who tries to lay down in front of them.
    See post 2707...

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Somewhere the discussion moved from a flag to Seattle. I agree that surrounding a group holding that flag with the military is silly. On that I agree with Jetta. However someone starting moving the goalposts to Seattle or is that picture from the group in Seattle?

The Seattle thing, which I have not heard about until oh 5 min ago reading through here, I agree with the most of you. If i can't go and conduct business because jackasses set up a perimeter and the state does not take care of it so I am "free to move about the country" then the national guard should be nationalized, drive tanks down every street knocking down all these barrels and running over anyone who tries to lay down in front of them.

Google search: Seattle Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone
    They call it the CHAZ in online circles.

This has been an ongoing situation for awhile.
    They were demanding vegan organic food be brought in because the homeless ate all of their supplies.
    Now a warlord has taken over, and is shaking down local businesses and IDing everyone to enter their homes.

Since the warlord took over, it's started gaining media traction.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    If Bezos was like Ross Perot, he'd bring in Academi and have the whole group in flex cuffs. I doubt that more than a couple of anarchists would die. Role playing with real blood tends to calm cosplay.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    These chaz clowns are not a foreign entity. They are simply a bunch of law breaking Americans, as far as I know. They should be handled by the city. If the city does not handle it, they look stupid, which is fine since that is what they are. If the city does not handle it after a while then the state should step in. If the state does not handle it, then they look stupid, which is fine since that is what they are.
    I don't think this whole thing rises to the level where bringing in the active military is called for. Besides it would be a political disaster. Let the city and state look stupid for as long as they want.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    These chaz clowns are not a foreign entity. They are simply a bunch of law breaking Americans, as far as I know. They should be handled by the city. If the city does not handle it, they look stupid, which is fine since that is what they are. If the city does not handle it after a while then the state should step in. If the state does not handle it, then they look stupid, which is fine since that is what they are.
    I don't think this whole thing rises to the level where bringing in the active military is called for. Besides it would be a political disaster. Let the city and state look stupid for as long as they want.

Once again...this.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    They may be children pretending to be adults, but they're doing it. They're in control of that area right now. It needs to be taken back and order restored.

If these were right-leaning guys with guns, they would have been mowed over by now.

I assume the state sees these kids as harmless, they'll get tired of it and go home. Just "acting out".

There's a recording of a 911 call, allegedly, where the operator says "Oh that's in the (CHAZ) area? They can handle it themselves." in response to an assault. I think that's actually a reasonable response.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    jDwCPNC.jpg

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I haven't see this on INGO, doesn't show up in search. Google search looks like not a single national news organization except for Fox has covered it. Only city/local level news, and the ABA Journal. Happened a week ago:

Criminal defense attorney "protestor" shoots driver of pick up in head in Alamosa Colorado. Driver is on life support. Attorney facing attempted murder and several other charges. KRDO video shows incident from a local security camera.

https://krdo.com/news/2020/06/06/video-shows-moments-surrounding-alamosa-protest-shooting/

[video=youtube;5AMqJ2C4K4g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=89&v=5AMqJ2C4K4g&feature=emb_l ogo[/video]

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I haven't see this on INGO, doesn't show up in search. Google search looks like not a single national news organization except for Fox has covered it. Only city/local level news, and the ABA Journal. Happened a week ago:

Criminal defense attorney "protestor" shoots driver of pick up in head in Alamosa Colorado. Driver is on life support. Attorney facing attempted murder and several other charges. KRDO video shows incident from a local security camera.

https://krdo.com/news/2020/06/06/video-shows-moments-surrounding-alamosa-protest-shooting/

[video=youtube;5AMqJ2C4K4g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=89&v=5AMqJ2C4K4g&feature=emb_l ogo[/video]

I'm sure he's going to be popular in prison. Free legal advice.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    How to fix Seattle.
    Siege mentality...
    The idiots walled themselves in.
    They have declared war...

1. No electricity.
    2. No water.
    3. No gas.
    4. Nobody new comes in.
    5. Nobody comes out except in cuffs, or on a gurney (and cuffs).
    6. No food or supplies of any kind go in.
    7. Psy Ops unit blasting the national anthem on loudspeakers.
    8. Electronic countermeasures to block cell service to the area.
    9. Use facial recognition of those involved, for asset forfeiture.
    10. No legal representation for any persons involved as they are considered an invading army. (enemy combatants to be treated as POWs, then stripped of citizenship, and deported after the conflict ends).

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts

I feel sorry for anybody this guy has represented, he's clearly incompetent.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Feds swarmed that refuge in the middle of no where, shooting those who dared step foot off of it.

I simply expect antifa to get the exact same treatment.

To be honest, I expect far worse treatment, as this is in a state's capitol, and it's 7 blocks, with numerous businesses and individuals being held hostage by warlords.

You might want to crack open an atlas.

ETA: I see HoughMade beat me to it.

Last edited:

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Umm, Olympia is the capital of Washington State.

Feds swarmed that refuge in the middle of no where, shooting those who dared step foot off of it.

I simply expect antifa to get the exact same treatment.

To be honest, I expect far worse treatment, as this is in a state's capitol, and it's 7 blocks, with numerous businesses and individuals being held hostage by warlords.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom