Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    is it just me, or does it appear that the NBC control room has been taken over by a bunch of high school kids? I watched it for a bit. I watched the reporter in the field hand it back to them twice. Both times they didnt take him off air for at least 10-20 seconds. The third time he threw it back to them but while he was still on camera, they appear to be talking to him in his ear as he is nodding, but he says nothing for a long time. Like he thinks he is off camera (live feed) and just is acking their input and not responding verbally. After about 60 seconds of this, I switched it off. Not cool.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Somebody on site in the live feed just said the National Guard was on the way. Of course, that may not be true. But if the National Guard shows up with weapons this situation is going to get much worse really fast.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I predict these situations will slowly lead to a culture in policing of not doing anything. If courts aren’t going to hold people accountable, and the community will hate you for what others have done, why take the risk? Hopefully not in my lifetime, but I see that as the road we are on.

You're witnessing it right now, as they stand by and allow a city to be burned to the ground.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Somebody on site in the live feed just said the National Guard was on the way. Of course, that may not be true. But if the National Guard shows up with weapons this situation is going to get much worse really fast.

Don't worry, they won't have any ammo.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Where on earth is the national guard?

At what point do we start accepting this is a mass event of domestic terrorism and no longer a protest?

Same question:

Serious question, what do you expect them to do?

How many post-9/11 NG units are trained and equipped for civil disobedience work? From a LTC, pretty much none outside of a few MP units.

People complain about "military tactics" from LE, do you think anyone is going to let the NG be put in an enforcement role with potential use of lethal force and little to no training on how to do anything but war fight?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    pat8IP0.png

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    To recap the story I read:

Former officers were called about a forgery at a deli. Counterfeit money? Bad check? They encounter the suspect and believe him to be under the influence of something. After a scuffle with the former officers, the deceased is cuffed, face down, with a knee on his neck. Former officers believe he’s suffering medical distress and call an ambulance. They continue to keep him in that position with a knee on his neck and he dies.

So, the former officers are presumably aware of the medical issues one may face while under the influence of something, plus the stress of a fight. They’re concerned enough to call an ambulance, but leave him in a position known to lead to positional asphyxiation while adding stress of a knee in the neck. At no point did the other three former officers intervene. All four deserve to be in hot water.

Why the looting and destroying property? Why are people destroying CHP cars in California when those officers had nothing to do with it? What does this situation have to do with the hundreds of thousands of other officers out doing a great job every day?

I predict these situations will slowly lead to a culture in policing of not doing anything. If courts aren’t going to hold people accountable, and the community will hate you for what others have done, why take the risk? Hopefully not in my lifetime, but I see that as the road we are on.

He did not resist at least by this tape. What happened 15 minutes + in is not on film. But he did not appear to struggle in any way.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/28/us/video-george-floyd-contradict-resist-trnd/index.html

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Well, it seems the good people of Minnesota have taken what could have been a moment of reflection for society about police behavior, and turned it into a Donald Trump re-election rally. This isn't going to cause "America" to reflect. It's going to cause them to sympathize with the police officers up there.

And shooting off fireworks, for chrissakes?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Well, it seems the good people of Minnesota have taken what could have been a moment of reflection for society about police behavior, and turned it into a Donald Trump re-election rally. This isn't going to cause "America" to reflect. It's going to cause them to sympathize with the police officers up there.

It's just the democrat utopia being fully realized.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN

Some were shooting fireworks into broken windows trying to start fires inside multi-story buildings.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom