• ...and so much more!
  • nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Walking though the gauntlet of fences, barbed wire, guards... each day has to have an impact on jurors minds. Would exist if going home each night or sequestered in a hotel. This is certainly venue oriented.

Don't know how as a juror you do not see the stress on your families face each night as they see what is going on in the outside world even if they follow the charade of not discussing the case. Every juror has to be worried about their safety as there is no vote they can take short of an instant death sentence for Chauvin that will satisfy the mob.

Being on the jury is no secret when you are not showing up for work for a few weeks, scrambling to provide daycare for your kids, not following your normal routine... Some SJW in the name of justice will dox anyone they feel is not going to vote the right way.
    Definitely.
    I bet the jurors and families are receiving death threats from the blm terrorist mob and the puppet media is not covering that.
    It is hard to put oneself in the place of the jurors, they could be facing the choice of throwing chauvin under the bus vs the safety of their families.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Surely courts are familiar with this problem, a lot of mean mafia guys have been sent to prison. What do courts do about juror ID in these cases. Mob by any other name acts the same.
    As to the mob, the issue is juror ID before verdict, not after. Believe it or not, the mob isn't into revenge against "civilians". It's about results.

All they can do is keep the names secret within the court action. As far as I know, jurors have never been relocated after a verdict, though I am open for correction if this is wrong.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Walking though the gauntlet of fences, barbed wire, guards... each day has to have an impact on jurors minds. Would exist if going home each night or sequestered in a hotel. This is certainly venue oriented.

Don't know how as a juror you do not see the stress on your families face each night as they see what is going on in the outside world even if they follow the charade of not discussing the case. Every juror has to be worried about their safety as there is no vote they can take short of an instant death sentence for Chauvin that will satisfy the mob.

Being on the jury is no secret when you are not showing up for work for a few weeks, scrambling to provide daycare for your kids, not following your normal routine... Some SJW in the name of justice will dox anyone they feel is not going to vote the right way.
    That's a good point about the families of jurors.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I also believe that judges are way too hesitant about venue change and sequestering in super-high publicity trials. Though, I don't know if it would have made a difference here. I would be interested in whether the circus atmosphere would have been as prominent in a less urban area, regardless of where the jury was from.
    There were demonstrations in Europe over the Floyd case, so I don't know how far you could go that a change of venue would make a difference. I mean, unless you hold the trial in some little holler in Appalachia where they have no access to the internet or tv or any other type of media...

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    There were demonstrations in Europe over the Floyd case, so I don't know how far you could go that a change of venue would make a difference. I mean, unless you hold the trial in some little holler in Appalachia where they have no access to the internet or tv or any other type of media...
    Agreed. That's why I said I don't know if it would have made any difference in this case. The "high profile" cases I have been involved in were locally "high profile" and I think venue change would have been useful. I have moved for it 4 or 5 times and never been successful. To be fair, it's even more rare in civil cases.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I think to move it out of Minneapolis at least would have been helpful. It just seems to make sense to get away from a place where they have already burned, damaged or destroyed over 1,000 buildings - just to make it seem like they care about justice.
    Security would be handled by a different police department than the one directly involved in the case.
    The protesters would have to travel at least a little bit instead of making it as easy as possible on them.
    Almost any other city government would probably be less biased than the Minneapolis city council and less likely to help the rioters and more likely to make some attempt to keep order. At least if they avoided the major crap hole dumocrap cities.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If they moved it out of the large urban areas, they could have ended up with an all white jury. We all know how that would have played out.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    There were demonstrations in Europe over the Floyd case, so I don't know how far you could go that a change of venue would make a difference
    I would think a move to a conservative red state (in order to recover the presumption of innocence that is absent anyplace woke) and a smaller metro area. Idaho Falls or Bozeman or maybe Billings

In such a location, outside trouble makers would stand out plus they know how to handle that problem

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That this is a discussion here is evidence that our courts are being attacked by domestic terrorists and failing. Just wait for the Rittenhouse trial to see the complete failure of our court system. Then watch as our supreme court caves to the terrorist mobs...

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    While not an exact science, doesn’t longer deliberation generally favor toward conviction?
    I have heard every theory under the sun.

BTW- I don't think that a straight "not guilty" was ever in the cards. This was always going to be about what charge he gets convicted of, not whether he gets convicted.

Given the evidence, I think a reasonable jury could convict of 3rd degree murder or 2nd degree manslaughter....but that doesn't mean that's what this jury will do.

I think the 2nd degree murder charge is really a stretch and that the felony murder statute was never intended to apply to cases where the underlying felony is the same actions that cause the death...but I'm no Minnesota legal scholar. They have some weird laws up there.

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    As to the mob, the issue is juror ID before verdict, not after. Believe it or not, the mob isn't into revenge against "civilians". It's about results.

All they can do is keep the names secret within the court action. As far as I know, jurors have never been relocated after a verdict, though I am open for correction if this is wrong.

How can you have a fair trial when this is even a reasonable thought to have?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Agreed. That's why I said I don't know if it would have made any difference in this case. The "high profile" cases I have been involved in were locally "high profile" and I think venue change would have been useful. I have moved for it 4 or 5 times and never been successful. To be fair, it's even more rare in civil cases.
    I did it for the Purdue shooter when I came in as Special PD, but Court took it under advisement, not ruling until the PTC, but dynamics changed before the PTC.

Top Bottom