Founder and former owner of HiPoint dies.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    If the carbines could be re-vamped to allow other mags that would be great.

Never had a pistol but have a few of the carbines.

Now the pistols will be collector's items and the price will sky rocket maybe up to $200

307SD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2016
    Down by the river.
    I know their products aren't very popular amongst more experienced shooters, but I will say that they fill a very important niche in the gun market: inexpensive guns that even the relatively poor can afford to allow them to defend themselves and their families. Just because someone can't afford a $500 Glock or a even a $300 Walther PPX, doesn't mean that they shouldn't be able to have a firearm.

This has been a major issue ever since the 1968 Gun Control act target inexpensive handguns, banning them from importation, despite the fact that research around that time proved that the cost of a weapon had no correlation to it's use in crime (in fact, more expensive handguns were used much more heavily in crimes).

So, I'm glad companies like Hi-Point are still around.

This.^^^^

I have a C-9, probably put a couple hundred rounds of various brands of ammo through, never a problem. Was it my first choice? No, ran across a deal and took it. Handy to have in those places that you might not want your higher quality equipment exposed to. Not ashamed to say that I have one.

btw: if you run out of ammo, you can always use it as a hammer. js

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Very nice, lol.

I just wonder if now they will get around to having bigger mags on their carbines. I would buy one in a heartbeat...but not when it's stuck at 10 rounds.

I agree. If they went the route of the sub2000, they would sell a few thousand metric tons of them. I'd buy one, or two.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Mr. Deeb was a pretty cool guy. Stuck by his principles to sell affordable firearms with an unlimited warranty. Knew that the 10 round capacity would limit his sales, but did it to get around "back in the day" stupid gun laws in various Ohio cities.

RIP Sir!

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    If Tom Deeb had been Russian or Israeli everyone would think his pistols are models for simplicity and reliability. Hi-Points are affordable, simple (straight unlocked blow-back by virtue of a very heavy slide), kinda ugly, but fairly rugged and reliable. As gun advocates, if our goal is to help as many people as possible exercise their 2A rights and also to get guns into poor, high-crime areas where self-defense is needed most, then shouldn't we be thankful that an American entrepreneur stepped up and filled that role? Shouldn't we be praising Mr. Deeb instead? Especially when he maintained a no-B.S. warranty despite the low price of his products; I mean you can't say he was trying to swindle poor folks.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I would like to get a 9mm version pistol, just to say I have one. Maybe one in .45 as well. Only if I have fun money at the time and people are not trying to retail price it.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I am an old man with a little extra money now that I have retired, so I own a number of firearms including several handguns, some with decent value like my Kimber Solo, Colt Anaconda, Colt King Cobra, Colt Double Eagle and others. I also have some "inexpensive" handguns. Davis, Cobra, Jennings, etc.. Actually, all are VERY reliable. I did have to do some ramp polish work and tweak magazines on some guns so that they would work with some ammo (even on more expensive models), but I would trust every firearm I own for defense

Although I don't own any HI-Points at this time I certainly don't see any reason I wouldn't trust one to defend my home. I have read quite a lot and don't recall any review that indicated the Hi-Point handguns are not as reliable as any major brand of firearm (and the warranty is better than my Kimber).

I am all for every honest citizen being able to afford purchasing and owning a firearm they can use to defend their home, family and themselves. Admittedly the Hi-Point firearms lack the fit and finish of more expensive firearms, but they will put a bullet downrange just as well. I say Kudos to Hi-Point for producing inexpensive firearms that young people starting a family can afford.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I've never owned one, not that I didn't consider it and wouldn't for the right purpose, but show me a new gun that's basically reliable for under $200. As for the carbines, I would really like to try one. I understand the good-natured ribbing about the product, but some of it tips over to just plain inaccurate. Watch these videos and you may have a new respect for these guns:

[video=youtube;AbvvurXmAmg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbvvurXmAmg[/video]

[video=youtube;xmt5QB814Tw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmt5QB814Tw&index=2&list=PLF584920CF0463E1 C[/video]

[video=youtube;2FoWpog5KU4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FoWpog5KU4&list=PLF584920CF0463E1C&index= 3[/video]

[video=youtube;LKkQm5TRaWE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKkQm5TRaWE&index=5&list=PLF584920CF0463E1 C[/video]

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    If they do the salute with 995s, they'll have to change mags a couple times.
    Too funny!!!!

I have the 9mm carbine and it is an absolute hoot to use. Wouldn't be my first choice for home defense, but I recall a story of a woman (Detroit maybe?) who used one to discourage three armed home invaders. By herself. With the 10 rd mag.

Ive got a lot of firearms to choose from if confronted with that situation. But her outcome is at least as good (or better) as anything I could hope for with significantly more expensive and higher capacity/caliber options.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I happen to know that Hi-Point has the highest quality standards...when it come to choosing their local counsel.

No... You didn't... Really? Say it ain't so Hough.:n00b:

What's next? You handling Charlie Manson's next appeal?;)

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    No... You didn't... Really? Say it ain't so Hough.:n00b:

What's next? You handling Charlie Manson's next appeal?;)

I did. In the "Gary Gun Case", for a while. I didn't do much as that case has been in virtual limbo for years.

...and remember, I prefer the term: "Counsel of the Evening".

Top Bottom