• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lewisjt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.1%
    113   1   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Hancock Co.
    For some reason after shooting and cleaning on Sunday I had the idea to put a couple of the foam type earplugs in the opening behind the magwell on my glock. :dunno:Dont know how practical this is, but they have stayed in there for 3 days of carry now and I kind of like the idea of always having hearing protection with me. They also keep the hole plugged up to keep dirt and stuff out. Anyone else doing this?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Do they come out dirty? I'd hate to think that they're getting bits of powder residue on them from multiple shooting sessions right before I jam them in my ear canals.

Rollo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    North Central
    For some reason after shooting and cleaning on Sunday I had the idea to put a couple of the foam type earplugs in the opening behind the magwell on my glock. :dunno:Dont know how practical this is, but they have stayed in there for 3 days of carry now and I kind of like the idea of always having hearing protection with me. They also keep the hole plugged up to keep dirt and stuff out. Anyone else doing this?

This makes me think back to a skit they used to do on Saturday Night Live...

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I'd hate to think that they're getting bits of powder residue on them from multiple shooting sessions right before I jam them in my ear canals.

Indeed. If I were to do this, it would be a pair of the disposable foamy type in their original sealed wrapper, for "emergency" (I forgot my powered ear pro) use. Remove (dirty) wrapper, use plugs, discard.

Glocker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Cool idea but it should be empty in my opinion. Otherwise people might put batteries and such in there and that would be dangerous! lol

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    No, I actually use the gap for what its designer intended--to extract the magazine.

I have a bunch of the non-drop mags (yes, I'm old, so what). I think having the gap is smart, but YMMV.

waloidian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Bloomingtonian
    i have the covered latch plug found on ebay, allows one to carry a single round (pointless IMO so I dont), and a LTCH copy, just in case i dont have my wallet with me

%21BS%29BDDgB2k%7E$%28KGrHgoH-DMEjlLltmFiBKE0oVl%29ZQ%7E%7E_35.JPG

Apokalypsi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Speedway
    i have the covered latch plug found on ebay, allows one to carry a single round (pointless IMO so I dont), and a LTCH copy, just in case i dont have my wallet with me

%21BS%29BDDgB2k%7E$%28KGrHgoH-DMEjlLltmFiBKE0oVl%29ZQ%7E%7E_35.JPG
    Now that idea I really like. Carry your LTCH in there. That's an excellent idea. repped.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    You'll have to get the LEO to retrieve it. I can't imagine he'd let you fumble with your gun while trying to produce your LTCH. :):

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DJLouis
    Top Bottom