• Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    New to me anyway.
    Perusing through the Wal-Mart ammunition stores, I ran across something I've not seen before.
    Federal Premium .410ga 2-1/2" Buckshot 4 pellets 1200fps marked,
    Personal Defense .410 Handgun
    I'll let that sink in, .410 rounds designed for Handguns!
    I recently bought a Taurus "Judge", and I imagine this is what they are designed for.
    I have not tried them yet, but now I'm curious.
    20 rounds for $11.??
    Not a bad price!:draw:

kyle1058

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2009
    Noble County
    New to me anyway.
    Perusing through the Wal-Mart ammunition stores, I ran across something I've not seen before.
    Federal Premium .410ga 2-1/2" Buckshot 4 pellets 1200fps marked,
    Personal Defense .410 Handgun
    I'll let that sink in, .410 rounds designed for Handguns!
    I recently bought a Taurus "Judge", and I imagine this is what they are designed for.
    I have not tried them yet, but now I'm curious.
    20 rounds for $11.??
    Not a bad price!:draw:

GAjudgeb_071807A.jpg

That's pretty cool! Never seen one of these in person. I'm not sure how four pellets would do against a human target, But sounds nasty...

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I thought 00 buck was 0.330" diameter?

Also, from your sig, isn't "Cogito, Ergo armatium sum" supposed to be armatum? My latin is horrible, but just wondering. Very off topic.
    Package reads: 4-pellets- 000 Buckshot
    Also, you COULD be right, it MAY be Armatum, but the bumper sticker I transposed this from reads Armatium. MY Latin is nil?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Thats best left for small critters and snakes. I wouldn't necessarily want to get shot with a .410 shotshell but I personally wouldn't use it to defend my life either.

The Box O' Truth #41 - The Taurus Judge Vs. The Box O' Truth - Page 1
    The ammo tested was disappointing for sure, but I have found MUCH better ammo, and I'm convinced it would be an effective personal defense weapon when loaded properly.
    The Buckshot I use is NOT pure lead shot, rather a lead/ti/antimony alloy, or copper clad shot. These are MUCH more devastating than the ammo tested in the link. I got 4-1/2" of penetration into white pine, at a distance of 7 yards. Not sure what that equates to in ballistic gel or human flesh, but I'm SURE it would stop someone!:twocents:

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    The ammo tested was disappointing for sure, but I have found MUCH better ammo, and I'm convinced it would be an effective personal defense weapon when loaded properly.
    The Buckshot I use is NOT pure lead shot, rather a lead/ti/antimony alloy, or copper clad shot. These are MUCH more devastating than the ammo tested in the link. I got 4-1/2" of penetration into white pine, at a distance of 7 yards. Not sure what that equates to in ballistic gel or human flesh, but I'm SURE it would stop someone!:twocents:

If you get some time, I'm sure LOTS of people would be very interested to see how your ammo performs against the jugs.

kyle1058

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2009
    Noble County
    Ahh four pellets of 000 buckshot?? that's bigger than .330" then, normally I've seen 000 buck around .350" to .360" which is standard,, it's not impossible you bought 000 buckshot that has four .375" diameter balls, however. I've seen stranger.

As far as the latin thing, I'm not a latin major. I do better with spanish or german, but mostly english obviously. Never took any latin classes..

Top Bottom