• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INDPrepper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    You're going to like your PSA! Here's a shot of mine.

That is a sexy rifle right there. I'm thinking about getting most of the same stuff but in FDE. I like the Black/FDE color combo. Idk though yet, i'm undecided on the color but I do want the CTR, Handguard, and Pistol Grip.

INDPrepper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    SOrry for not updating you guys but there isn't much to update on. Ordered my lower on 11/30 and STILL hasn't shipped out. I contacted the FFL and he said he would try to get it worked out. He has sent in their license twice already too and still in processing. I will post a picture of my upper at least since it's looking different...

INDPrepper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    2z59ok8.jpg

Added a Magpul MOE Handguard, Foregrip, and MBUS. All in Black. Would have went with FDE if I could have found it all in said color. I will just worry about that later, right now I need to get this lower situation figured out..

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    First when ordering from PSA don't be in a hurry. Second, only 10 business days have passed. I don't know about now, but they used to say up to 15 "business days" could pass before shipping. Third, after all of their sales I'm sure they are swamped. Be patient.

INDPrepper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    GOt a response from PSA. will be shipped on Monday. Honestly it's nothing against them, i'm just as impatient as they come. I didn't think it would take 12 business days to ship it out. it can't be that difficult but oh well. I bought it so I shouldn't complain. I will make sure to post my complete build next week when I get my lower. Sorry for being a stinker.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Its nothing to be ashamed of. You worked for your money and bought something you're excited about. This time of year those guys get flooded with orders and overwhelmed. Hopefully it all smooths again soon. I bought the bolt carrier group from them today that I need to finish a build. I highly doubt it's here before Christmas let alone the end of the month. The PSA upper will be here on Monday though.

INDPrepper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lower shipped yesterday! Should have it in hands Friday after work. will post pics before and after if I remember. I might be too excited. Haha.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    My upper was on my doorstep last night. Now it's pined to the lower and the only remaining part (BCG) should be here by the end of the week. It's exciting to see a build come together. When I'm done I'll be able to compare a Del-Ton & PSA Dissipator rifle side by side.

INDPrepper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    4ihqq0.jpg

Completed rifle. I actually got a call from Gunslingers while I was at work but naturally, I couldn't answer because I have my phone on silent. They left a voicemail at 10:30 saying my lower was ready to pick up. It shipped Tuesday so it got there in one day. My mother went to pick it up for me as i'm not yet old enough for stripped lowers or pistols so theres that.

Now, about the building of the lower from my standpoint. That trigger guard roll pin was a pain to get in. Took about 15 minutes to get it through as i'm trying to be careful but also trying to get it through. My bolt catch roll pin was easy but i did scratch the edge as you can probably tell, no biggie to me as it functions fine. Then when i got to the take down pin, the worst happened. I used the screwdriver over the detent method with a allen key holding it in place. Damn thing shot across my room. Thankfully with the use of my handy dandy LED flashlight I found it, THANK GOD. The spring didn't go far, just a couple inches away. I tried this again and almost failed but got the take down pin through successfully. Everything else was pretty easy for the most part.

Overall, i'm happy with this first build and wouldn't want it any other way. Yeah, I scratched it up in a couple places but they are very minor and won't effect the rifle at all. I also got to build this a couple days early as well which is awesome.

I want to thank everyone who responded on my thread and helped me out. I really appreciate it.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    When I read the part about the little brass detent it reminded me of my first build except I never found it and had to go to the store the next day and buy that little part. One slip and that sound of a spring propelled piece of metal bouncing off the wall across the room never to be seen again. Good memories.

INDPrepper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Oh man.......the outcome is gorgeous. Ya killing meh! Now I wanna be Irresponsible and order more parts!! Congrats on the finished product!

Thank you sir. lol. I am already itching to build another but I will have to hold off on it as I still need to do some Christmas shopping.

Top Bottom