• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    Good luck, I hope this all works out for you. Building a rifle is a lot more fun than purchasing one, IMO. Be sure to keep us updated with the progress! If you need any assistance be sure to ask away! Youtube is always a wonderful tool as well.

INDPrepper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Good luck, I hope this all works out for you. Building a rifle is a lot more fun than purchasing one, IMO. Be sure to keep us updated with the progress! If you need any assistance be sure to ask away! Youtube is always a wonderful tool as well.

I will be sure to do that. I have watched a few peoples videos on youtube building a lower. Sootch00 and nsz85 seem to have the best videos imo.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Go for it! Ar15's are a walk in the park. Get yourself a roll pin punch set. Also a armorers wrench if you are assembling the upper to the barrel yourself. Everything else is common hand tools like hammer, needlenose pliers, etc.

I do caution you since I dont know you or your capabilities personally that if you get stuck, ASK QUESTIONS FIRST before you dig yourself in a hole or start making holes that arent suppose to be there.

Why you ask? Ill just point you to the guy that managed to hose up a simple barrel cleaning of a Mosin Nagant.........Need I say more? :ingo:

Welcome to the black rifle addiction, its got its hold on you and YES, they do reproduce at night!

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    And remember, once you have a rifle stock on it, it cannot be changed to a pistol.

Can you not have it ran as a pistol instead of rifle receiver when the NICS is ran and then you can go back and forth?

Besides, Who are earth is gonna know whether "you" ever had a rifle stock on it or not?

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Can you not have it ran as a pistol instead of rifle receiver when the NICS is ran and then you can go back and forth?

Besides, Who are earth is gonna know whether "you" ever had a rifle stock on it or not?

Play stupid games, win a sentence in a Federal prison. You CANNOT switch back and forth. That is the law. Why would you tempt fate when it costs $100 to buy a new lower and build a pistol?

INDPrepper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Go for it! Ar15's are a walk in the park. Get yourself a roll pin punch set. Also a armorers wrench if you are assembling the upper to the barrel yourself. Everything else is common hand tools like hammer, needlenose pliers, etc.

I do caution you since I dont know you or your capabilities personally that if you get stuck, ASK QUESTIONS FIRST before you dig yourself in a hole or start making holes that arent suppose to be there.

Why you ask? Ill just point you to the guy that managed to hose up a simple barrel cleaning of a Mosin Nagant.........Need I say more? :ingo:

Welcome to the black rifle addiction, its got its hold on you and YES, they do reproduce at night!

Lol. I have actually been following that thread. Very funny stuff, but things happen. I also got my upper in today which is the following, got it for 515 shipped and my PSA Blem lower should be shipped this week for 57 shipped before the transfer fee.

PSA 16'' M4 CMV Chrome-Lined Premium Rifle Kit - Rifle Kits - AR-15

Will post pictures soon of my upper. I know it's basic but it made my day seeing it waiting for me at home haha.

INDPrepper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    2m4tvv4.jpg
    [/IMG]

rub1vs.jpg
    [/IMG]
    eqqbyo.jpg
    [/IMG]

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I know it's basic but it made my day seeing it waiting for me at home haha.

Nothing basic about it, that's all yours! There may be other rifles that look similar, but this one is going to be all you. Keep us up to date on how your build goes. By the way, you mentioned some you tube videos and my personal favorite videos on assembling a lower are from Cheaperthandirt.com's youtube channel. I don't do business with them anymore, but I'll refresh my memory on their videos for free from time to time.

INDPrepper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Nothing basic about it, that's all yours! There may be other rifles that look similar, but this one is going to be all you. Keep us up to date on how your build goes. By the way, you mentioned some you tube videos and my personal favorite videos on assembling a lower are from Cheaperthandirt.com's youtube channel. I don't do business with them anymore, but I'll refresh my memory on their videos for free from time to time.[/QUOTE

This is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine.
    I already have some ideas on some accessories. mainly Magpul stuff.

Also, will do on the updates. Just waiting on PSA to finish processing the order for the lower which I hope goes through soon. if not I will be upset.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    And remember, once you have a rifle stock on it, it cannot be changed to a pistol.

Play stupid games, win a sentence in a Federal prison. You CANNOT switch back and forth. That is the law. Why would you tempt fate when it costs $100 to buy a new lower and build a pistol?

A virgin stripped lower transferred properly as an "other" CAN be built as a PISTOL first, then into RIFLE, then BACK again into a pistol.

If you buy a complete AR15 lower that has a stock on it, it is a RIFLE, and remains a RIFLE.

http://www.atf.gov/files/regulations-rulings/rulings/atf-rulings/atf-ruling-2011-4.pdf

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Just waiting on PSA to finish processing the order for the lower which I hope goes through soon. if not I will be upset.

Don't set yourself up for heartbreak. PSA is great at producing quality parts at very low prices, the part you give up is on speedy service. You'll get your stuff, but it's going to be a little while. It's tough to wait when there's a new toy in the mail heading your way. I'm in the same boat you are because I just ordered a PSA cold hammer forged Dissipator upper and it'll barely get here before Christmas would be my guess.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    A virgin stripped lower transferred properly as an "other" CAN be built as a PISTOL first, then into RIFLE, then BACK again into a pistol.

If you buy a complete AR15 lower that has a stock on it, it is a RIFLE, and remains a RIFLE.

http://www.atf.gov/files/regulations-rulings/rulings/atf-rulings/atf-ruling-2011-4.pdf

Thanks for the link. It is still not clear that this eases the pain in many situations. If you are the original purchaser of a stripped lower that you properly transferred as "other" through an FFL, your lawyer certainly could use the above ruling as a defense. Downstream transactions are not so clear. Either way, 1 hour of legal time is a lot more than buying a stripped lower specifically for a pistol or rifle and NOT fooling around with converting it back and forth.

Penny wise and pound foolish, as the saying goes.

INDPrepper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Don't set yourself up for heartbreak. PSA is great at producing quality parts at very low prices, the part you give up is on speedy service. You'll get your stuff, but it's going to be a little while. It's tough to wait when there's a new toy in the mail heading your way. I'm in the same boat you are because I just ordered a PSA cold hammer forged Dissipator upper and it'll barely get here before Christmas would be my guess.

Yeah I know what you mean. I'm impatient but with my ar I'm getting to be a little more patient. I'm eager to shoot it when it get done but with the weather and holidays coming up its tough.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom