• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • backtrail540

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    Angola, IN
    I am gonna try and make it in September if you guys have one.

I can only afford one match a month at this point and the Angola match is local to me but they are having single-stack only in October and I don't have a single-stack so I am using that excuse to branch out and check yall out.:):

Next year I will be making two matches a month, probably Angola and rotate the second between you guys and Warsaw every other month.

Oops, I just saw that the single stack match isn't until October. I may still make the September match at your place.

Last edited:

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    Thank you everyone who came out yesterday! Damn was it hot!!!!

I hope to see you all again next month!

Oh, and sorry about the 25 yard plate shoot... It back fired on me too :(

RePete68

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    82   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Lowell, IN
    http://youtu.be/LmLQp7Ti2zc

Great match guys! I shot real sloppy & bombed the classifier. Oh well there's always next time. I had a great time!! Thanks to all that setup & RO'ed. This was my first match at FWAPS. It was worth the 2 1/2 hour drive. See you next month.

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I know the feeling on bombing the classifier. tried to burn it down and plain crashed and burned, haha.

A big thanks to everyone who came out in the heat to shoot with us! An even bigger thank you to everyone who helped with setup and especially with tear down after the match. I'm working on scores now from Ohio and they will be computed tonight but probably not uploaded until tomorrow. No internet access at night hurts me there, haha. Most matches scores will be done same day, just not this month with me having to be at Camp Perry this week.

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Scores went up on USPSA yesterday. Let me know if you see a problem. Classifier wont be officially turned in for a few days. Combined results were sent to everyone whose email address I have. If you shot the match and didn't get the combined results email, message me your email address and I'll get it to you.

Thanks again!!

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    Scores went up on USPSA yesterday. Let me know if you see a problem. Classifier wont be officially turned in for a few days. Combined results were sent to everyone whose email address I have. If you shot the match and didn't get the combined results email, message me your email address and I'll get it to you.

Thanks again!!

When are you going to post your videos?

RePete68

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    82   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Lowell, IN
    There seems to be a discrepancy between the scores on uspsa.org & the overall's you emailed out. It's bewteen Justin S. & Aaron O. in Production. Uspsa shows Aaron won & the overall shows Justin winning. It's not that big of deal, just bragging rights between the two. No need to correct them, just let us know who really won so they can settle their grudge match. LOL

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Had something similar happen a few weeks ago at Angola with myself and Ralph. I beat him by a couple match points in SS division but the overall combined showed him ahead of me by a place or two....:n00b:

Ill look into it.

BROBERTS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Warsaw IN.
    Sometimes the order of finish changes from the 'By Division' report and
    the 'Combined' report. This is beacuse a different Stage High Hit Factor
    was used to calculate the stage points.

This what it says at the bottom of combined score's.
    Just the way it comes out. USPSA web site is official score's

Looks like I missed a good match !!! Be there next month.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    This what it says at the bottom of combined score's.
    Just the way it comes out. USPSA web site is official score's

Looks like I missed a good match !!! Be there next month.

In combined results the High Hit factor can be different than they are in the division results, because of this two competitors that are really close and flip flop between combined and division results.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    There seems to be a discrepancy between the scores on uspsa.org & the overall's you emailed out. It's bewteen Justin S. & Aaron O. in Production. Uspsa shows Aaron won & the overall shows Justin winning. It's not that big of deal, just bragging rights between the two. No need to correct them, just let us know who really won so they can settle their grudge match. LOL

I doubt it's an error. That's why combined results aren't official. If the winner of the stage effectively changes (eg from a PD guy to an open guy), then so does the % of stage points won by everyone else. When stage points are added in the combined, it can cause a competitor's finish order to change in the overall.

Because the difference isn't consistant accross stages, eg on one stage the PD winner might shoot 99% of the open winner and on another stage he might shoot 60% of the open winner, the "weight" of the stages effectively changes among the PD shooters all based on the top PD guys performance.

A very simple example: is two PD shooters, two stages, each 100 points. They tie becuase they score 70%, 75% respectively of the PD winner on stage 1 but 75%, 70% on stage 2 (each w/ 145 points).

If an Open guy wins and the top PD shooter shoots 95% of him on stage 1 but only 75% on stage 2, then the points earned by PD guy 1 and guy 2 is 66.5 and 71.25 respectively on stage 1 and 56.25 and 52.5 on stage 2. So the match points are 122.75 and 123.75. Guy 2 now wins, thanks to the PD winner's performance (or the open guy's poorer performance) on stage 1.

-rvb

Top Bottom