• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    There have been several mayors who have left this "coalition"... I guess that's the latest term for a conspiracy to destroy the Constitution of the United States... Most who have done so cited as their reason the fact that Bloomberg's stated purpose and the actual goals of the group are not the same thing.

Perhaps a letter-writing campaign from his constituents would change his mind.

Blessings,
    Bill

medic67

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Columbus IN
    Got a notice from the NRA that the mayor of Columbus, Fred Armstrong has joined MAIG. Anyone in Columbus, Bartholomew county should contact him and ask that he rethink his decision.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I'll bet Rusty York is quite happy. Most everyone I know here in the Fort likes guns...of course I don't hang out at Starbucks writing my blog.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Bill,

Will you PM me a list of who you heard has left the coalition, please?

Brainard, in Carmel, for one, a few years ago.

Carmel Mayor Jim Brainard is one of about five mayors in the nation who recently withdrew from an anti-gun coalition headed by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg.

Read About It: Indianapolis Star

Posted: 6/27/2007 9:37:16 AM

Note: Many news sites archive stories after a short period of time. If the link above is expired please contact the site for information about accessing this story.

Also withdrew:

Mayor Geno Martini - withdrew
    Sparks, NV

Mayor Harry Moore - withdrew, read his resignation letter
    Oldmans Township, NJ

Mayor Kevin Jackson - withdrew
    Rio Rancho, NM

Mayor Mary B. Wolf - withdrew (Read her letter to Bloomberg - PDF format)
    Williamsport, PA

Mayor Mark Begich - withdrew
    Anchorage, AK

Mayor Jared Fuhriman - withdrew (read more)
    Idaho Falls, ID

blank.gif

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Brainard, in Carmel, for one, a few years ago.

Carmel Mayor Jim Brainard is one of about five mayors in the nation who recently withdrew from an anti-gun coalition headed by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg.

Read About It: Indianapolis Star

Posted: 6/27/2007 9:37:16 AM

Note: Many news sites archive stories after a short period of time. If the link above is expired please contact the site for information about accessing this story.

Also withdrew:

Mayor Geno Martini - withdrew
    Sparks, NV

Mayor Harry Moore - withdrew, read his resignation letter
    Oldmans Township, NJ

Mayor Kevin Jackson - withdrew
    Rio Rancho, NM

Mayor Mary B. Wolf - withdrew (Read her letter to Bloomberg - PDF format)
    Williamsport, PA

Mayor Mark Begich - withdrew
    Anchorage, AK

Mayor Jared Fuhriman - withdrew (read more)
    Idaho Falls, ID

blank.gif
    Thanks, Carmel.

BTS, I found this Wiki page that lists seven (it appears to be out of date) and also lists several current members who have been embarrassed by indictments, convictions, and scandals.

Mayors Against Illegal Guns Coalition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I also found:
    Bill Haslam of Knoxville, TN
    Marlene Anielski of Walton Hills, OH
    Bill White of Houston, TX

Admittedly, they currently boast 450 mayors nationwide, so 10 or so is not even a drop in the bucket, but the list of scandals and indictments, to say nothing of convictions, should show the hypocrisy of many of them.

(and that doesn't even touch on the hypocrisy of a mayor like Daley having armed guards around him, but denying good people of the city he "leads" (rules) even the right to legally defend themselves.)

I know you asked for this via PM, but I figured everyone else would like to see it, too.

Blessings,
    Bill

silentvoice71

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ft Wayne IN
    does anyone have a way to contact mayor henry? I'd like to write an email to him. Fort wayne is a leftist crap hole anyways....this town is full of crime.....and people who carry firearms for protection are looked down upon....its a legacy set forth by one of the former mayors and brady bill leader Paul Helmke.......

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Bill and Carmel,

Thank you for the information and it is fine that you posted it here. I thought maybe you would be more interested in sending the info in private, but here works perfectly well.

I contacted Mayor Henry's office again today to try to schedule an appointment with him, but I am not holding my breath after several failures of the Mayor to return a telephone call or letter.

Doobie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Mayor Henry contact info

Got the following info to contact Mayor Tom Henry from the NRA:

Telephone: 260-427-1111

email: mayor@cityoffortwayne.org

I wrote him and all those in Fort Wayne should too. Let him know we will remember him at the ballot box.

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    does anyone have a way to contact mayor henry? I'd like to write an email to him. Fort wayne is a leftist crap hole anyways....this town is full of crime.....and people who carry firearms for protection are looked down upon....its a legacy set forth by one of the former mayors and brady bill leader Paul Helmke.......

Don't even get me started on this little twit....
    Never trust a politician, especially one who's lip never move's while he talks.

FYI: Sheriff Ken Fries is on public record for saying "An armed society is a polite society". I believe that Sheriff Fries is one of the good guy's.

winnymag

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Birmingham UK
    This is how it all started in the UK, there's to many dogooder's, People in the UK who hold firearm certificate's are on the whole law abiding citizen's and since the government has taken away our right to own pistol's gun crime has risen

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    This is how it all started in the UK, there's to many dogooder's, People in the UK who hold firearm certificate's are on the whole law abiding citizen's and since the government has taken away our right to own pistol's gun crime has risen

An unfortunate situation I must say! However... would it be fair to say that the populace let it happen?
    I mean no disrespect whatsoever but I am curious as to what the general consensus amongst your fellow country men is as well as what your plans are to fix the problem.

Not that we here in the U.S. are doing any better at protecting our gun rights...
    One thing is for sure...
    Protests don't do much nor do armchair commandos thumping their chest while bleeting into a bullhorn and carrying signs.

This pussified method will get us exactly what we deserve...
    Nothing.
    Except stricter laws or an outright ban.

Top Bottom