• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ahgo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    New Haven, Indiana
    It's about the same as the last one. Picked up some 9 mm ammo for a good price. That's about it. I'm waiting for the Indy gun show Jan 15,16, & 17.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    OK. Maybe I'll make a late stroll through there and see what's to be had. Any good deals on 9mm personal protection?

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I'm the same way, I usually go for something to do and usually kill a couple hours playing with some guns. I passed on this one though because I had a prior commitment, and I am really not in the market for anything at this time. If I went and found a great deal on something I wanted it would have just been torture.

shadow6492

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Garrett/Auburn IN
    Went this morning for a couple hours. Ended up buying some ss109 62 gr 5.56 for a decent price. Found a m&p pro 9mm for $485. Stop by the 21st century booth to check out the Scar and ingo items.

Bigkeger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I rented two tables at the last show to see what kind of stuff people were bringing in. I found my answer....nothing. Foot traffic was very little, and what people were bringin in was pretty rough stuff.

Also, why the hell would Ft. Wayne have their show the same day as Lima?

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Glad to see I didn't miss anything. I went to the last one, saw a decent deal on a used upper, took a lap, came back it was gone. Other than that all of the prices seemed to be the same as if you were to walk into the store. No deals..

rtrouten

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    My son and I went to pick up some new toys, came back with warm soda....Pretty much was just a good way to spend some time with my son and no females

Steven

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2008
    Whitley County
    I spent the day there with my local FFL, larger crowd than last show, fewer people bringing in guns to sell. I didn't find anything I had to have or any deals that couldn't be passed up.

To me the show is just getting too small, only 2 "discount" gun dealers. No large discount ammo dealers, mag dealers, ect.
    No competition, no incentive to keep prices at rock bottom.

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I spent the day there with my local FFL, larger crowd than last show, fewer people bringing in guns to sell. I didn't find anything I had to have or any deals that couldn't be passed up.

To me the show is just getting too small, only 2 "discount" gun dealers. No large discount ammo dealers, mag dealers, ect.
    No competition, no incentive to keep prices at rock bottom.

My sentiments exactly......

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Much like the city of Fort Wayne the gun show seems to get poorer at every attempt. I can't blame the vendors for pricing high as they likely paid a premium to be there. The city has seemed to reach a huge stalemate with everything, too small to compete, too big to quit. It will be interesting to see where it goes. BTW wish me luck, I need to set up an appointment with chief Rusty next week for my form 4.

Mrcole

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Overpriced and no one really willing to deal. Don't forget the Colosseum tax (6$ + $4 to park) - ouch. Honestly...I will probably never go to that one again, shoulda learned my lesson last time.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    I went this morning. Gotta admit it is shrinking faster than expected. The deals were far and few between. Nothing new there and with gas and the $10 to park and go inside it makes on line shopping a better deal. The prices are no better than the local shops regular prices for the most part. I really hope they can do something to boost vendor attendance.

one more

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    M14 Stocks?

Hello,

Sounds like the show is still the same, I was going to go tomorrow but maybe not.
    But, was the fellow there, he was always set up at the back end, do not remember his name but he always had a lot of AR15/M16 parts, uppers ammo mags and he did have some M14 parts and stocks. I have bought uppers (wish I would of bought a couple extra Colt M16A1 uppers when he had them) and AR15 & M14 parts and mags from him before.
    Looking for one or two nice M14 stocks for builds. If someone can tell me if he was there or if they seen some nice M14 wood or know of some please let me know. :yesway:

Thanks one more

Balinor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    I am told the show is gettign better/ if that is better I am glad i have not gone in 6 years

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Mostly to blame on the guy putting on this show,from what I understand from the vendors that used to go to the fort wayne show told me that the GM doesnt contact them or invite like they did in years past & feel that the price for the vendor space is ridiculous and doesnt want the vendors to use own tables.That is what I gathered from just one vendor that used to attend the FWGK show religiously ,just some guy not making an effort to make the show bigger & better. After Ive been to the 1500 ,Its the only show I will attend from now on unless something changes with the coliseum efforts for a better show

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom