• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Duce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Delaware County
    [SIZE=-1]Midwest Gun Traders, Inc.[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Fort Wayne[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Allen County Fairgrounds
    2726 Carroll Road
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]map[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Midwest Gun Traders, Inc.
    Richard "Red" Daugherty
    1060 Lane 340
    Jimmerson Lake
    Fremont, IN 46737
    (260) [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]749-6509[/SIZE]
    How's zat :@ya: <>< Duce

quad50

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Logansport
    Thanks, the last one I was at up there was in the colisum. I always thought they had a good show there years back, just never knew what happened to the show.

Hiram2005

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Plains of Hamilton County
    Had one, what last month? I went to it for the first time ever. Was not impressed with what I saw. And some guys I know who were set up, said it was about the best show that had been there for a long time.

Lt. Commander

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    Ft. Wayne * Aboite
    Seems like there are so many each year that it's the same stuff, same people. The last one didn't even take up 1/2 of the Expo Center. I can remember when the whole room was packed with exhibitors and tables. I can relate to the jerky thing, most of the time I spent more money parking, getting in and package or two of jerky and not a penny on guns... :D

Scott

CulpeperMM

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I didn't go to the last one (march 7-8).

other than some rounds for an antique pistol (32 long) i bought nothing at the one in November at the coliseum. there was some entertainment value in looking at some of the older guns you don't see everyday. there were some nice looking revolvers, but the prices were a bit salty for my blood.

My wife enjoyed it too. She really liked the fact that people could walk around with for sale signs on their rifles. Those too rich as well, lol.

It was worth the admission, though. better than 90% of the movies at the theatre. And cheaper entertainment than going through 100 rounds of 223. And you never know what you might find. maybe next time i find a pearl in one of those clams.

next one is in May: http://www.cpishows.com/pdf files/maygun2009.pdf

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    Some of you younger gents might not remember when the Expo Hall was packed with vendors selling cast bullets, powder, primers, cases, table after table of new and used guns, and more knives than I have seen in one place. It is rather sad what has happened to the volume of quality stock brought to the shows by vendors. Maybe it will grow to where it was in years past...

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I heard that the last Coliseum show was bigger than usual as Midwest Gun Exchange started to show up along with a couple other dealers...

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    From what I can see the next Fort Wayne gun shows are:

May 16th & 17th at the Memorial Coliseum;
    Sept 13th ONLY at the Allen County Fairgrounds.

Doug

Fergy35

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NE Corner of our gre
    The shows at the fair grounds are put on by a local club and are typically fun little shows. Especially if you have not been before. They hold them two or three time a year. Unfortunately, I do not know what the dates are this year (sorry).

The ones at the Coliseum are a shadow of what they once were. Although the last one was much better than they have been lately. I still enjoy going once in a while just for the entertainment value.

gunguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Seems like there are so many each year that it's the same stuff, same people. The last one didn't even take up 1/2 of the Expo Center. I can remember when the whole room was packed with exhibitors and tables. I can relate to the jerky thing, most of the time I spent more money parking, getting in and package or two of jerky and not a penny on guns... :D

Scott
    It probably will never be as big as it used to be. Indiana lost 4700 FFL's over a 3 year period when they were getting harassed and they raised the fees back when Clinton was in charge. With the price of gas, motels, food, etc, many of the collectors are holding on to what they have now.

X-Ravin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    West Lafayette
    I went to the show in January, don't think I'm going to go back. There's just not that much there, plus living in Lafayette it isn't worth the drive.

danmrt868

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    ft. wayne
    went to the last two and left with a pt911ss the first time and left with a pt911b on the last one wasnt that great but bought something

GJ1981

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    If I had nothing else planned and had the money...well I still probably wouldn't go. This show use to be great but has been too hit and miss to waste the time, IMO.

Top Bottom