• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'm going with my gf to watch Ben Davis, (her kids a cheerleader), so I might just stop in since it's so convenient.;)

Last edited:

linkpimp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    So-Cal ~ Huntington Beach
    If someone can take some pics that would be cool..:yesway: I’ve never seen a go show outside of Cali (yes I know I live a sheltered life) and I would love to see how cool your shows are..

I’m soo jealous.. Have fun everybody.. :popcorn:

Link..

IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The parking will be crazy on Sat. basketball tournament, r/c hobby show, liquidation sale, and gun show :runaway:

I was at the Coliseum today making a delivery. In addition to all of these events happening at the same time, they have at least three private parties going on Saturday, and then Sunday it's back to hockey!

Good luck fighting the crowds, I'm going to the debate in Warsaw Saturday morning and then working in the yard all afternoon.

mdemetz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    NW Elkhart Co.
    I used to live down the road on Crescent Ave---if you don't mind walking there should be some stores nearby that you can park at and walk in if you want to save $4. :twocents:

HH Gregg has 'non customers will be towed signs'. I saw a tow truck patrollng last show. I parked behind the resturant.:)

roughthumbs

Plinker
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Huntertown
    To answer someones question, You cannot bring in a loaded firearm to the Fort Wayne gun show. Actually I have never been to a gun show that allowed a loaded weapon to enter the premises.

I like to go and try to find deals from guys walking through but that rarely happens anymore because the two guys (father and son) that check in the guns. They have a little side business going with one of tables. They will ask what you want out of a gun then tell you to stand there while they make a phone call then a guy will come out of the convention area and usually buy the gun. If I was paying for a table there I would be pissed. Hell I'm pissed and I don't have a table.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Do they check for loaded pistols at the door like at the Indy1500? For those of us who carry what is that situation like?

I have to pick up my company vehicle this weekend in Ft. Wayne, I just might stop by.

According to IHSAA's website the girls game times are as follows:

Session I
    Class A | Vincennes Rivet (26-0) vs. Fort Wayne Canterbury (24-2) | 10:30 am ET
    Class 2A | Austin (25-2) vs. Fort Wayne Bishop Luers (18-7) | To follow

Session II
    Class 3A | Rushville (25-2) vs. Fort Wayne Concordia Lutheran (23-3) | 6 pm ET
    Class 4A | Ben Davis (27-0) vs. Merrillville (25-1) | To follow

Hopefully I miss most of the crowds, the hard part will be finding a parking spot. : /
    Clear your weapon in your car and put your loaded mag in your pocket. There is a table with a sign to check your firearms. I did this at the last show without a problem.

mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.7%
    36   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    To answer someones question, You cannot bring in a loaded firearm to the Fort Wayne gun show. Actually I have never been to a gun show that allowed a loaded weapon to enter the premises.

I like to go and try to find deals from guys walking through but that rarely happens anymore because the two guys (father and son) that check in the guns. They have a little side business going with one of tables. They will ask what you want out of a gun then tell you to stand there while they make a phone call then a guy will come out of the convention area and usually buy the gun. If I was paying for a table there I would be pissed. Hell I'm pissed and I don't have a table.

I Agree 100%
    I was just thinking about the guy's at the door !! kinda thinking of screwing withthem maybe like giving them a low ball price and then when bib over hauls come out tell him no thanks or just hanging out just outside the ropes and start asking first to see if it pisses them off !but i have seen this at many shows !
    I will be bringing some older bolt guns with a freind trying to move his and and some of his S&W revolvers !

LET THE FUN BEGIN AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    BIOLOGY SUCKS. I WANT TO BE A HISTORY TEACHER NOT A SCIENCE TEACHER BIOLOGY EXAMS SUCK. I DON'T CARE ABOUT SCIENCE, THE EARTH IS ONLY 6,000 YEARS OLD AND ON THE 8TH DAY GOD CREATED THE REMINGTON BOLT ACTION RIFLE.

Anyway sorry for rant, I'll be there at 10ish. Most likely be wearing a brown hoodie

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    If someone can take some pics that would be cool..:yesway: I’ve never seen a go show outside of Cali (yes I know I live a sheltered life) and I would love to see how cool your shows are..

I’m soo jealous.. Have fun everybody.. :popcorn:

Link..

Fort Wayne isn't very big, neither is the gun show! If I would have seen this before hand, I would have taken pics. Sorry!

Special "thanks" to Jared at 21st's table. I literally left him holding the bag...and he was very gracious about it. :)

Oh, Oh.....ME TOO. AND, his son is too cute. Put a sticker on my cheek while I played with his toes! :)

All and all, good show. Got some ammo, and some blow darts for my blow dart gun! :D Oh and a Mag for the Bersa too! My munchkin ran around and got herself good and tired...BONUS. ALMOST got another sks but talked myself out of it! Whew.

Had good company too if you like hanging out with a Monkey and a Marine! :D

Steven

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2008
    Whitley County

I haven't seen a gun show yet where there weren't Door Hawks standing out side getting the sweet deals before they even get in the door. :twocents:

Overall I thought it was a pretty fair show for Ft Wayne, much better than being in the basement as the past few shows.:)

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Hey linkpimp check out the pics for the indy1500.com ,those pics on the website dont do it justice but its big ,real big.Planning on attending this next one coming up but alot of the vendors dont like being photographed without their tinfoil hats on (no cameras allowed I think at that show) It has spoiled me for life,I dont even attend the shows in ft wayne because they make me sad, the fort wayne shows were on the same level of the 1500 but the current GM seemed to have let it decline to where there are just a few legit dealers & alot of garage sale gun related items.I used to go to the fort wayne shows religiously ( my wife went into labor with our second son in 91 & had a knife vendor that was a vietnam field medic offered to deliver at the show ....we politely declined & went to lutheran)

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    We were there today. It in no means compared to the 1500 but then again that isn't such a bad thing either. I don't know if it was because of the HS Girls Championship (that is my guess) but it was nice to see quite a police presence in the parking lot. I felt pretty safe leaving the car out there unlike the 1500.

Parking was no issue at all, traffic was so-so but nothing more than trying to get into the Castleton Mall on a Saturday afternoon.

The isle ways.....oh the isle ways. It was like gun show heaven. I didn't have a single person bump into me, there was no jockying to get to see a gun at a table, not a single instance where I was about knocked out with a gun barrel. In that respect it was exactly how a gun show should be sat up.

The people who run the 1500 should have been there to learn some valuable lessons.

Primers were $40 per 1k for SP/SR, bulk bullets were no where to be found and powder was scarce and pretty high. I was able to score some Vargent for $27 for 1lbs which I didn't think was too horrible. Several vendors had Magpul stuff at very good prices. I finally got to finger the 4th gen Glock 17, unfortunately it still has too much junk in it's trunk for my hands.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bball4life1234
    Top Bottom