• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I haven't been to the last 4 Coliseum shows, but I am really hoping to make this one on Sunday to see Brad. Thanks you for coming up this way for the show btw! :ingo:

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I haven't been to the last 4 Coliseum shows, but I am really hoping to make this one on Sunday to see Brad. Thanks you for coming up this way for the show btw! :ingo:

I look forward in seeing you.

I really like this show and have made a commitment to the promoter that I will be doing all of the Ft. Wayne coliseum shows this year.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    This imo is really the only Ft Wayne show worth going to. At least for what I look for, I dont really care about someones massively over priced personal collection or war type antiques. That seems to be the vast majority of the K's Merchandise and Allen County Fairgrounds shows.

I will be attending the show sometime this weekend.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I learned a long time ago that going to the gun showes at the colliseum only left me feeling disappointed that I'd wasted time and money. I've yet to see an a deal on anything at a gun show where it just seemed unbelievable to me and I've yet to see anythign besides the run of the mill stuff that I could get at a local gun store for the same price. Most of what I've seen at the gun shows is either overpriced or beat up old nasty rifles.

If you really want to make the trip to fort wayne, just go to Rangers, Sniper Company, and then Freedom Arms. Visiting those stores on a saturday would be time better spent than going to the gun show.

T/C Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    North of South Bend
    If you really want to make the trip to fort wayne, just go to Rangers, Sniper Company, and then Freedom Arms.
    Could you post the addresses or web sites for these stores for us out-of-towners?:) I used to go to Sinclair's after I went to the Coliseum show and I always stop at Tomlinson's in Churubusco on the way home. It would be nice to have a few more options for money dispersal.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Could you post the addresses or web sites for these stores for us out-of-towners?:) I used to go to Sinclair's after I went to the Coliseum show and I always stop at Tomlinson's in Churubusco on the way home. It would be nice to have a few more options for money dispersal.

Rangers: 2432 Getz Rd, Fort Wayne, IN

Sniper Company: 6011 Highview Drive, Fort Wayne, IN

Freedom Arms (formerly H&H, but now they are no longer D-bags): 1525 Directors Row, Fort Wayne, IN

I don't know that I'd try to visit those guys on a gun show weekend as Rangers will probably be there with most of their inventory. Sniper Company will likely be about the same.

Tomlinson's is always going to be a top notch store to visit and they are always one of my favorites. Good people and a great selection.

Fergy35

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NE Corner of our gre
    Ask and you shall receive.

Sniper Company is on the North West side of town off Wahington Center. Their web site is: Sniper Company - Firearms - Optics - Suppressors - Gear - Reloading - Ammo - Training - More

Freedom Arms is the old H and H store, now under new ownership. They are off West Coliseum. I didn't find a web site right off but did find their Facebook page. Under info is the address, phone#, hours etc. The FB page is here: Freedom Firearms, LLC - Local Business - Fort Wayne, IN | Facebook

Ranger Supply is off Getz Road , Their web site is - Tactical gear, holsters, police equipment, military outfitter. Ranger Supply Co.

Looks like Teddy replied while I was typing. Oh well I tried. And I agree - Tomlinsons is always a good place to stop.

Mcglockin7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    I learned a long time ago that going to the gun showes at the colliseum only left me feeling disappointed that I'd wasted time and money. I've yet to see an a deal on anything at a gun show where it just seemed unbelievable to me and I've yet to see anythign besides the run of the mill stuff that I could get at a local gun store for the same price. Most of what I've seen at the gun shows is either overpriced or beat up old nasty rifles.

If you really want to make the trip to fort wayne, just go to Rangers, Sniper Company, and then Freedom Arms. Visiting those stores on a saturday would be time better spent than going to the gun show.

Ummmm...... I would agree that Rangers, and Sniper Company are great LGS but to say that your time would be better spent visiting these stores over the gun show is nuts. And Freedom firearms?? are you serious? If you want to spend 3 times as much on ammo then you would at the gun show and retail prices on everything then by all means check it out. I'm surprised you didn't throw Gander Mountain in there...

joekoug

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I'm with McGlocklin on Freedom's prices. They may be under new ownership, but their prices are still astronomical. I still won't spend my money there. I'll stick with 21st, Rangers, and Sniper Co.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Ummmm...... I would agree that Rangers, and Sniper Company are great LGS but to say that your time would be better spent visiting these stores over the gun show is nuts. And Freedom firearms?? are you serious? If you want to spend 3 times as much on ammo then you would at the gun show and retail prices on everything then by all means check it out. I'm surprised you didn't throw Gander Mountain in there...

I've been to Freedom Arms once since the change of ownership and I can only speak of how the prices were at that time, but they were pretty reasonable. They were reasonable enough that I was really taken back and even mentioned it here on INGO about how shocked I was. At the time I was there they had all kinds of ammo stacked up in crates in the main area of their store and they were all competitive with internet + shipping prices. If that's changed then everyone here has my appology, but the time I've visited them I was actually shocked enough that I bought a gun from them, something I hadn't done in H&H since I was 18 and didn't know any better.

As far as recommending people going to Gander Mountain goes, I would never say such nonsense. The only time they have a competitive price is when it's on a sale flier, but not in stock at the store or their sale price gets it down to what everyone else is selling it for already. I'm no fan of Gander Mountain for purchasing guns.

Top Bottom