• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gvbcraig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Southwest Fort Wayne
    Made my last visit to Gander Mountain today.

I have read all of the other rants about Gander Mountain and thought to myself, "what a bunch of wieners, they must not have much patiance.". Well I have to apologize for that thought. You guys were right. Gander Mountain does not know how to train it's employees in customer service.

I went in there on Monday looking for specific item, they were sold out.
    I found someone to help me after searching the store, and they said that it would be on Thursdays Truck.

It is now Thursday, went in again, still no item, so I went to look for someone to help me. Came upon a guy unloading a skid of ammo, tried to get his attention to no avail. I have never seen anyone try avoid eye contact as this guy did. He did not want to acknowledge my presence. Okay, so I went in search of someone else, took a while to get one of the store associates to stop and talk to me. When I asked if he to go to the back room and check if the item had arrived, his responce to me was "there was no delivery today, come back next Thursday".

What kind of fool did he take me for, I just watched someone unloading pallets of new merchandise. This person just did not want to be bothered by a customer, just like all the other employees here.

Sorry for the rant, but I had to acknowledge how wrong I was about this place, it really does s___. :xmad:

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    I take something that obvious as a persoonal challenge at that point. Lets face it, they have already lost my buisness, but you might as well have some fun. Go to the check out lane and ask for the general mager. Lay the whole story out, including palat unloading guy avoiding you, and the no delivery guy as well. Make the manager jump through all kinds of hoops to find the item, if it is there in back somewhere. You must be persistent, as they always have better things to do.

After you have wasted an hours of this poor dumb bastards time, and he actually produces said widget, let him know that you changed your mind, and walk out.:rockwoot:

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    whos to say, that skid of ammo wasn't just brought up from the back, which was a part of last weeks shippment?

XSVskill

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Decatur, IN
    I agree their customer service sucks.

About 2 weeks ago I went up there with a buddy to pick up his ruger that had to be shipped back to have some work done. Ruger had confirmed that it had been recieved and signed for at gander mtn...but gander mtn insisted it wasn't there. after about 1 1/2 hours they finally found it, it had been recieved as a remanufactured and thus was going to be put back up for sale.

The only way we could prove that my buddy owned it was matching up serial #'s with paperwork we had and getting gander mtn on the phone with ruger.

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    Made my last visit to Gander Mountain today.

I have read all of the other rants about Gander Mountain and thought to myself, "what a bunch of wieners, they must not have much patiance.". Well I have to apologize for that thought. You guys were right. Gander Mountain does not know how to train it's employees in customer service.

I went in there on Monday looking for specific item, they were sold out.
    I found someone to help me after searching the store, and they said that it would be on Thursdays Truck.

It is now Thursday, went in again, still no item, so I went to look for someone to help me. Came upon a guy unloading a skid of ammo, tried to get his attention to no avail. I have never seen anyone try avoid eye contact as this guy did. He did not want to acknowledge my presence. Okay, so I went in search of someone else, took a while to get one of the store associates to stop and talk to me. When I asked if he to go to the back room and check if the item had arrived, his responce to me was "there was no delivery today, come back next Thursday".

What kind of fool did he take me for, I just watched someone unloading pallets of new merchandise. This person just did not want to be bothered by a customer, just like all the other employees here.

Sorry for the rant, but I had to acknowledge how wrong I was about this place, it really does s___. :xmad:
    Welcome to the fold my friend....been there, done that and I feel your plight. Don't worry and take a deep breath- the Sun will rise again tomorrow, where things will be better. There are plenty of LGS's around that would be glad to take care of you. :)

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Head up to Tomlinson's in in Churubusco or over to Freedom off West Coliseum. Ranger supply can help sometimes, too.

I just go to GM to fondle things, see what I like. I only buy something there when they are the only available source, or I get a great deal—like their recent sale of .22 ammo discounted $4/box of 555 rounds.

gvbcraig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Southwest Fort Wayne
    Head up to Tomlinson's in in Churubusco or over to Freedom off West Coliseum. Ranger supply can help sometimes, too.

I just go to GM to fondle things, see what I like. I only buy something there when they are the only available source, or I get a great deal—like their recent sale of .22 ammo discounted $4/box of 555 rounds.

I headed to Freedom Firearms after work and they were extremely helpful, and treated me as a customer instead of an inconviance.

I also signed up for their Utha Licence class at Freedom instead of doing it at Gander M.

ShaunB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I appreciate our neighbors down the street and what they do, they send cusomers to us every day.

If you are looking for something you can come in to our store any time and we will see if we can get it if we do not have it in stock.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    The Magic Thursday truck! I was there yesterday (Thursday) Still no small pistol primers. When I enquired at the gun counter i got the "It will be here thursday" for the 3rd time in 6 weeks. I asked "What day is it"!........................

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    The Magic Thursday truck! I was there yesterday (Thursday) Still no small pistol primers. When I enquired at the gun counter i got the "It will be here thursday" for the 3rd time in 6 weeks. I asked "What day is it"!........................

Got a few bricks (plus some single sleeves) of Winchester SPP in stock...just down the road from Gander about 10 minutes (Tomlinson's in Busco).

Top Bottom