• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Lol. I hope this works. You think the comments sections on youtube and news sites are crazy now. Just wait until North Koreans can get on.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Even if this works, receiving data wirelessly from a powerful network is pretty easy. Sending data back to it is a different story. How will home computers or handheld devices send data to a satellite? I'm no expert but I can't imagine the transmitters in our devices are anywhere near that powerful.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 31, 2012
    The article lacks a lot of technical details, but these satellites won't be beaming down the internet as we know it. Their plan is to broadcast a certain number of websites, NOT the entire internet.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Do remember that this story is coming from the Daily Fail. They are Britain's answer to the National Enquirer. There's a lot left unsaid in that piece.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Even if this works, receiving data wirelessly from a powerful network is pretty easy. Sending data back to it is a different story. How will home computers or handheld devices send data to a satellite? I'm no expert but I can't imagine the transmitters in our devices are anywhere near that powerful.

They just want to know where you are, they don't care what you have to say.

What kind of a business plan is that? "We plan to give this stuff away free, invest money in us." There must be some kind of revenue model in there somewhere, of course, something like:

1. Give free internet to everyone in the world
    2. ???
    3. Profit

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The article lacks a lot of technical details, but these satellites won't be beaming down the internet as we know it. Their plan is to broadcast a certain number of websites, NOT the entire internet.

I got that in one of the sentences. It's entirely possible you'll get exactly what you pay for.

cburnworth

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    I seem to remember someone talking about doing this years ago, I was thinking Bill Gates & Microsoft. And then there is google Internet balloons.

Top Bottom