• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • volksjager

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    Just took the course yesterday. Was a great course and has changed whatever preconceived notion i had of using force on force. hope I'll be able to take the next class in January

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Could you expound on that any? I'd be curious to hear your take on the experience.

We need a support group for Mindset Labs Alumni to discuss what happened in the scenarios since we can't do that on public forums. I want to hear how other people did, what decisions they made, etc.

Shay, it would be really cool if you could get something like a book or ebook together. Describe the scenarios in detail, then go through common and uncommon responses. You're in a unique position to see people when the adrenaline hits hard and people react more on instincts.

It would only work when you have written new ones for the obvious reason of giving it away, but it would be pretty neat to read your observations over years of the same scenarios. Maybe something for the future...

Does anyone know of another long-time FoF class that has some sort of documentation? I thought Tactical Response had a class like that, but I'm not sure of any sort of report out. It may still be going on.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    We need a support group for Mindset Labs Alumni to discuss what happened in the scenarios since we can't do that on public forums. I want to hear how other people did, what decisions they made, etc.

Shay asked MangoTango and I to help out on just such a project. However, other projects have gotten in the way and we haven't taken steps past the original idea. Like you, it would be AWESOME to be able to talk to other "Lab Rats" about their specific experiences.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I like it.

;)
    e03ac9ab.jpg

Turf Doctor

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    AAR Force on Force 12/01/12

Could you expound on that any? I'd be curious to hear your take on the experience.

I was in the class with volksjager..

AAR: Mindset Labs Intro to Force on Force –12/01/12

I tookMindset Labs Introduction to Force on Force class today.Wow, what an experience. This is my second training class with Shay. My onlyother training is NRA’s Basic Pistol Course. I can say that I found the classextremely beneficial if you are going to carry a gun.

The daystarted with an informal lecture regarding “mindset”. We learned about the“Wyatt Protocol”, “Cooper Codes”, and “4 Count Draw Stroke”. We practiced thedraw stroke before the scenario.

Shay saidif the fight is brought to you, Fight. We went over three parts of a fight.Before the fight, during the fight, and after the fight. Be prepared, and beaware of your surroundings. Movement and distance help keep you safe during thefight. After the fight you need to do a medical check on yourself. Call 911:Tell them what you need and where you need it!

Scenario –those who have had the class know, and for those who don’t will have to TakeThe Class.

This Classhas definitely opened my eyes to a new style of training that is verybeneficial. I want to thank Shay for doing everything that is necessary tooffer these types of classes. I feel Shay is genuine in trying to keep me safein the real world. It was a good class where I learned quite a bit about myselfand how to apply things in real world situations.

I highlyrecommend this class for anyone serious about self-defense training. It's acompletely different level of stress compared to other traditional live-fire classes.Paper targets don't shoot back and aren't moving and yelling. It's hard toexplain how much you learn even from the smallest details.

I will betaking the Dynamic Force on Force Scenarios in January.

I want tokeep improving myself with training.:patriot:
    Turf Doctor

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    Another Lab Rat (as of Sat.) here and I have four welts to prove it! ;)

Just like everyone else that has taken these classes, I recommend it!

Last edited:

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Guys (and any gals reading this),

Please be careful about wanting to talk to others about scenarios. Even students who have taken the same class but at different times may have had different scenarios depending on role player availability or the natural evolution of my curriculum.

Suppress your urge to talk about the details of a scenario or your performance in it even with someone who you think has gone through the same scenario. You should know what you need to work on.

Top Bottom