• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    My problem with the graphic was that it was not consistent in its content. True, it stated "over the minimum tax threshold" in the text, but in the larger chart only the percentage of family income was noted. The large chart is what draws the eye, many people would only see the chart and come to the conclusion that the percentage is on all family income.

The information as a whole was accurate. I think you just didn't bother to read the rest.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My experience with the ACA has been just LOVELY! My wife's company dropped the insurance they had and went into a corporate exchange where where we could choose between the bronze, silver, etc plans with about 4 different companies. The result was we had to take a Bronze plan with higher deductibles, but we got to keep the HSA, premiums were a little cheaper but we lost the Company contribution to the HSA. So we put the tiny bit of savings into the HSA in hopes that nothing catastrophic happens and we can build a little reserve. Dental coverage was close but now I have to pay full premium for vision coverage, might as well put that Money in the HSA for Glasses. NO ONE got a Cadillac in this deal...it closer to a Chevy Corvair! Unsafe at any price!

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I bought a minimal policy (10k deductible) for my self-employed daughter when she turned 27 last year. I paid about $170/mo with dental. Just went thru the Indiana website and scored a much better 'Silver' plan for her ($1250 deductible) with dental for just under $200. She was eligible for a $114/mo. subsidy. If I'd kept a similar 'Bronze' plan to what she had ($6350 deductible) it would have been $110/mo with subsidy. I'm hoping, down the road, she will pick up the tab. I was gonna post this in the 'Break Room', but, lemme guess, this is too political for their'y're..
    Sucking off the gumm'int teat one more time. Period. End of story!

Pardon my question, but there is no Indiana website for Obamacare so could you clarify?

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    OP how can you be so ignorant? I am saying this is the most kind way possible...

First of all are you comparing a quote you received on the same day from your previous insurance to the one you bought?
    Secondly did you read through your full coverage and are they actually comparable.
    And thirdly and most importantly your monthly coverage does not take into account your increase in taxes you are paying.... And me.

The third point is where you are really being ignorant, please take into account your total outgoing every year not what your "Insurance bill" is

It is much cheaper for a healthy person to not buy insurance and pay out of pocket when you get sick. Imagine if you took $100 a week from your pay and put it in a savings. After one year you would have $5200. If you break a leg or get sick once every 5 years and it costs you 10k each time you save yourself 16k over a 5 year period....

Hell if you have to have heart surgery every 10 years you can pay out of pocket for it (Assuming the hospital gives you a "Pay in cash discount")

You dont buy insurance for when you get the flu, you dont buy it for when you break your leg, you dont buy it for for if you have a heart attack. You buy it for if you were to contract an ongoing sickness.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    A government of the people should follow the same laws as are imposed on the people. If you tried to take your neighbors property to give to someone you felt needed it more, you would end up in jail.

Razer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2013
    South Central Indiana
    Yeah, I have no health care now and have not had any for over 15 years. Where I work I can get health care, but to cover my family and I with the cheapest option it will be right about 40% of my take home pay every paycheck. Huh. Checked into the healthcare.gov site and it will be almost exactly the same as I don't qualify for subsidies because I have the option form work.

Even if I did qualify for help, how the heck could I survive until the end of the year to get my tax break? I'm honestly confused as to how this was supposed to help me out. I'm not political at all, so I don't fall to one side of this argument or the other, but I know it sure is not an option for me. 40% of my take home pay is something that I can't afford no matter how hard I budget, health care would cost me more then two brand new car payments! Whatever, I'm paying my dang penalty this year and will look next year after this mess shakes out a bit.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    *****snip*****

Even if I did qualify for help, how the heck could I survive until the end of the year to get my tax break? I'm honestly confused as to how this was supposed to help me out. I'm not political at all, so I don't fall to one side of this argument or the other, but I know it sure is not an option for me. 40% of my take home pay is something that I can't afford no matter how hard I budget, health care would cost me more then two brand new car payments! Whatever, I'm paying my dang penalty this year and will look next year after this mess shakes out a bit.

The subsidy is deducted from the monthly bill. You don't wait until the end of the year.
    BTW, this morning I thought I would change my plan, or at least look into it. I was told I would have to start all over. Arrrgggggg....Bezos we need you!

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    HEY!

JUST GOT A LETTER FROM ANTHEM!

GUESS WHAT?!

MONTHLY POLICY WENT FROM AROUND $400 TO ALMOST ****ING $1200.00
    DUE TO THE "AFFORDABLE CARE ACT"

**** OBAMA. AND **** EACH AND EVERYONE WHO VOTED FOR THIS ****.
    HAPPY ****ING NEW YEAR.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Sorry to hear that Printcraft.
    And I hate to rain, but.....
    Does anyone think it's going to get better in a year??????

The young people aren't signing up like they thought.
    Other's aren't signing up because of the cost.

I wonder what will happen to cost next year......

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    HEY!

GUESS WHAT?!

HAPPY ****ING NEW YEAR.

Yeah but that was before your subsidy and you're obviously not counting all the extra cool coverage you'll now have!

In all seriousness--I hate to hear that for you.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    HEY!

GUESS WHAT?!

HAPPY ****ING NEW YEAR.
    I'm sure you'll find that the new, more expensive policy is superior to the old one. Never know when you might end up pregnant. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, I'm sorry. Another $800 a month really sucks.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I'm sure you'll find that the new, more expensive policy is superior to the old one. Never know when you might end up pregnant. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, I'm sorry. Another $800 a month really sucks.

I'm not paying it. More uninsured Americans mr president *******.

If I liked my plan I can go **** myself.

Top Bottom