• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    UPDATE: I bought a BBQ Guru DigiQ II and it arrived a few days ago. I bought a brisket on my way home from work yesterday and fired up the BGE with the DigiQ hooked up at 4pm and put the brisket on about 5pm. When I got up at 6am this morning the brisket was at 161*F and the BGE was still humming along at 225*F. I just got home from work and pulled the brisket off and it was at 175* and the BGE was still holding 225*F. I didn't add any fuel or adjust anything after starting the fire and setting the DigiQ. This thing is ridiculous.

We're headed out to a surprise birthday party for my Dad in about an hour and no one wants to leave due to the smell of that brisket which is wrapped in foil and a towel and resting in a cooler.

Tripmaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    That's the way the digiQ works. It's wonderful.

FWIW...I usually take my briskets up to 195 - 200. They end up super tender and juicy. At 175 it is just coming off the plateau and still needs a bit longer, but it doesn't take long after 175. Mine usually take 12-14 hours for a full packer. Yours was on for 24 hours it must have been huge to take that long. What size BGE do you have, that could make a difference. I have a large.

Let us know how it tastes.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    175 is a little early, most usually go to about 190-195 I've learned from pulling them 175-180 and watching the graph during the cook that you are really just out of the plateau. My last one stalled at 170 for about 4 hours and I was impatient and pulled it at 180 due to time and it was good, just a bit tough. Brisket is not the easiest thing to cook but the Digi Q and the Stoker sure do make it easier.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    190° was my target temp but after 23 hours it didn't want to get there and i was running out of fuel so i pulled it. It isn't a very large brisket either as it fit on my large egg without any fancy stacking, bending or draping. I haven't had one resist getting up to temp like this before buy they're all different. This one was a higher quality brisket than i usually buy.

Top Bottom