• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PNLmyheartJEL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    A question for the ladies (or a well informed man). I'm working on the best/most comfortable way to carry my Glock 19. I've been an enthusiast for quite some time, started shooting very young with my dad, but although I have owned guns for years am just now starting to carry. Still haven't found what works for me yet I guess. Thinking of a cc purse, but just not sure. Also considered a crossbreed tuck but that's a lot of cash if I don't like it. Opinions, ideas anyone?

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Carry around your waist. If a thief is going to steal from you, first thing they will take is your purse, you don't want them to get your gun too.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogGBPVk5GQk&feature=channel_video_title[/ame]

Instead of a Crossbreed, try a Galco King Tuk, it is about 2/3 the price of the Crossbreed.

wallotcorydon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Corydon
    Instead of a Crossbreed, try a Galco King Tuk, it is about 2/3 the price of the Crossbreed.

If you are thin at all, the King Tuk is not very comfortable. I am 6' 180 lbs, so fairly thin. The King Tuk has a double thickness leather and they are sewn toghether. The holster was very stiff. I could not get it to contour to my body. It held my pants straight out.

The Supertuck from Crossbreed is expensive, however, I can not say enough good things about it. I love mine. I carry both a full size 4' barrell XD and a sub-compact XD .40 in mine. I wear all day everyday, and most days forget I have it on.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    This post is more about comfort than anything else, right?

First off, let me assume you're talking about concealed carry.. if not, OWB can be pretty darn comfortable!

I've carried my Glock 23 in a Smartcarry soft holster before and it's not too bad - fussing to get it on right takes the most time. If you're not up to spending the money on a crossbreed, you could start with a kholster. I know lots of folks that carry with one and like it quite a bit, and the price is right. If you like it, then upgrade to a crossbreed or something.

Every body is shaped differently, women and men included. What works for me doesn't work for my wife, nor my brother, mom, dad, etc. You have to find what works for you!

If you ever get a chance, hit an INGO shooting event. Post in advance that you're interested in how people carry. You'll get to see all kinds of options if you ask!

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    A question for the ladies (or a well informed man). I'm working on the best/most comfortable way to carry my Glock 19. I've been an enthusiast for quite some time, started shooting very young with my dad, but although I have owned guns for years am just now starting to carry. Still haven't found what works for me yet I guess. Thinking of a cc purse, but just not sure. Also considered a crossbreed tuck but that's a lot of cash if I don't like it. Opinions, ideas anyone?

My GF is having trouble finding anything as well. She tried the KingTuck option at GM and it looked ridiculous on her. She is 5'2 110lbs and she was not comfortable at all with it. then we tried a Blackhawk IWB leather holster which she seemed more comfortable with in the small of her back. She will most likely have to have a pants size larger to be most comfortable but she doesnt want to do that. Fashion first for her i guess. One of my friends uses a cheapo Mikes IWB for his g19 and is pretty happy with it.

code_red

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    East Side Indy
    I have a comp tac minotar holster for my M&P9c. It super comfortable but doesn't conceal all that great with "girl cut shirts." Unless, you where a vest or some sort of over garment. I also just ordered a remora no-clip holster for the S&W 442 revolver that I plan on carrying when I want to wear more form-fitting clothes. It's nice because you don't need a belt with it. I also plan on getting any ankle holster for my 442.

Inside Waistband Holsters - Minotaur Holsters - products new home - Minotaur MTAC Holster
    Home of the Original Remora No Clip Holster

Also there was a thread recently discussing different ways that the ladies on here carry. It's a good read for different options.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/women_and_firearms/174010-ladies_how_do_you_carry.html

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    LMAO @ Blamecharles! I've always followed the function over fashion approach myself, which dictates that IWB carry means a size up in pants.. so glad I'm no slave to fashion!

Looking at some of the outfits the girls in the office wear, it would be tough to conceal without going off-body.. you can go ankle, but what if you want to wear a skirt or dress that doesn't brush the floor? I guess there's always those garter-style holsters for the inside of the thigh..

Top Bottom