• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I was in Gander in Greenwood today. Looking at the new pistol case. They had a P-06 .40, for $499 but to my suprise it had a polymer frame. I looked on their website, and they do not list a polymer frame P-06. For that price, it cought my eye. :dunno:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Don't implicitly trust the tags at Gander...

They routinely have Polish P-64s labeled as "Makarov"

-J-

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    I was in there today. In the new case, they had a P-07 9mm, and an SP-101. In the used case, they had a SP-101, and a 40P ($429).

I almost brought the 40P home with me, but it's a little bit bigger than the 75 Compact .40 I'm still in the hunt for.

FWIW, I did pick up a Win 1300 20ga for $199

buzzard pickins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Out by the Prague pond
    The tag may say poly-frame meaning polycoat frame the propriatary finish. The 40B was born out of left over parts from the COLT-CZ project and CZ attempt to enter the 1911 market. I own them both and the only difference is price. The blue book states"700-800 pieces were manufactured but never shipped,very few made it to the US" echoed by some gun writer and oblammo the price skyrocketed.
    Same thing with SPRINGFIELD P-9 and the 40P. THE STATEMENT IS BOGUS.
    Check back issues of Shootgun News under J&L DIST and see what they peddled the 40P for. Check gun shows for the 75d-PCR, this was police issue and were not used much usually good deals. Compact 40 with rail....sweetheart pistol.

Last edited:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    The tag may say poly-frame meaning polycoat frame the propriatary finish. The 40B was born out of left over parts from the COLT-CZ project and CZ attempt to enter the 1911 market. I own them both and the only difference is price. The blue book states"700-800 pieces were manufactured but never shipped,very few made it to the US" echoed by some gun writer and oblammo the price skyrocketed.
    Same thing with SPRINGFIELD P-9 and the 40P. THE STATEMENT IS BOGUS.
    Check back issues of Shootgun News under J&L DIST and see what they peddled the 40P for. Check gun shows for the 75d-PCR, this was police issue and were not used much usually good deals. Compact 40 with rail....sweetheart pistol.

The frame was polymer. The 40P was junk, owned one and traded it!

buzzard pickins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Out by the Prague pond
    I am a huge Cz fan.but in the past they have been known to take parts left over and cobble them together. I think the poly framed cz-100 was deleted from production maybe they are at it again. YOU HAVE PIQUED MY INTEREST, making a gander run.
    Also going to Whitakers today nose'in around.

I second the emotion about the 40-P.

UPDATE; I JUST CALLED CZ-USA. NO manufacture of P-06 poly frame YET. however will offer one mid 2010.

Last edited:

redneckpastor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    I was in there today. In the new case, they had a P-07 9mm, and an SP-101. In the used case, they had a SP-101, and a 40P ($429).

I almost brought the 40P home with me, but it's a little bit bigger than the 75 Compact .40 I'm still in the hunt for.

FWIW, I did pick up a Win 1300 20ga for $199

:rockwoot: NICE :rockwoot:

Top Bottom