• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TJSaltdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    In Lafayette and West Lafayette we have Four Guns, Diamond V, Applied Ballistics, Sallee's Sports Shop, Haley's lock, ERG, Gander Mountain, and a couple of Pawn shops that all sell Handguns. Which of these is your favorite gun store and why?

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Gander Mtn is nice to look but salty for my wallet.

I shopped from time to time at Diamond V when he was in Delphi, but I've only been a couple times since he moved. It was a good move for him I bet, but leaves nothing up my way.

The folks at 4guns, Sallee's, ERG and Haley's are all really nice - 4guns has always been pretty crowded when I've been in there, so I've only walked around and never considered buying from them.

I've never made it to Applied Ballistics - I tried when they were very new but they weren't open when I stopped, and I more or less never end up on that side of town. Someday!

Battleground Firearms (Gary Rainwater is the owner) is the rage up this way. He seems pretty eager to work with people on pricing to get his business out there..

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    gander to look ( inventory)

applied ballistics to shoot ( gee I wonder why)

and four guns to buy.

I agree with ^ this.
    I also peruse Ramzi's once in awhile. There are occasionally deals to be found there.

ABS are high on just about everything. Almost on the order of Gander Mountain. I was only in ERG once. The selection was very limited and the prices were way out there. They also had a very limited selection unless you are a plastic fantastic fan. Sallee's is a great place and the prices are reasonable. I also like it becasue you don't just see the same guns over and over.

I do all or my transfers through Four Guns. Jared is a good guy. I have bought a few in there. But they focus on Glock/M&P so if you like harder to find guns they don't come along very often.

TJSaltdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    I have bought from Four Guns, I look at Gander but will never buy from them (Too Dang expensive ). Stop in at Diamond V every now and then. Have a buddy that works at Applied Ballistics. ERG has very friendly owners and Dwayne Sallee is an awesome guy. Dont really care for Haley's.

Never heard of Battleground Firearms. Do you have an address or phone #? I would love to check them out.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have bought from Four Guns, I look at Gander but will never buy from them (Too Dang expensive ). Stop in at Diamond V every now and then. Have a buddy that works at Applied Ballistics. ERG has very friendly owners and Dwayne Sallee is an awesome guy. Dont really care for Haley's.

Never heard of Battleground Firearms. Do you have an address or phone #? I would love to check them out.

Been in Haley's once. Don't think I will bother going again.
    Paul at Diamond V is a good guy. He has duracoated a couple of guns for me. The price was unbeatable.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

and four guns to buy.

this , for the most part. I haven't bought anything from 4 guns, but I have come very close a couple of times.

And I use Dan at Applied Ballistics any time I need work done on a gun.

I can never find Sallee's open, and I live just down the street from them.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    765-567-2661 for Battleground Firearms. I don't know if he has a storefront or not - does a lot of Armslist business. I traded some ammo with a guy from work and he had some business cards - he'd just bought an AR from them.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000

and four guns to buy.

Gander Mtn. has a great inventory but their prices are easily $50 to $100 over what you will find elsewhere and their transfer fee is $75. CRAZY!

I especially like Four Guns because they are willing to negotiate price matching. I walked in and quoted an online price, added their FFL transfer fee and negotiated that price for the gun I bought.

Here's my question for this thread,
    How about ammo? Where do you guys tend to find the best priced ammo? I don't do any reloading so that option is out...

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Gander Mtn. has a great inventory but their prices are easily $50 to $100 over what you will find elsewhere and their transfer fee is $75. CRAZY!

I especially like Four Guns because they are willing to negotiate price matching. I walked in and quoted an online price, added their FFL transfer fee and negotiated that price for the gun I bought.

Here's my question for this thread,
    How about ammo? Where do you guys tend to find the best priced ammo? I don't do any reloading so that option is out...

I buy most of my target ammo at Walmart. Gander Mountain is INSANE for ammo prices, often double what Walmart is.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom