For Kirk....Christmas, Louisville, KY 1866 "coonfingering accidents".......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    :):

Yeah that......anythin West o' ....?......I'll say 9th St.....better have a backup fer yer backup.......

An' '4th St LIVE'.......ain't all'at da*n safe.......:whistle:
    Yep, 9th street is as far west as I go in downtown, 4th street live is out of the question as well. Hell, don't even go to Mike Walshs to buy beer on Sundays anymore, either.

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    On the first one, how did it explode having the trigger pulled, and on the last one, how does a gun rip your fingers off? What kind of shoddy shooters were they using!?

This could have been due to a revolver with a weak cylinder or it could have been a chain fire. The last one, I'm not sure.

A chain fire is when all the chambers of a cap and ball revolver go off at the same time. I have actually observed a chain fire. It was during a reenactment I was participating in. Our captain fired one shot from his repro Remington revolver and it ignited the other five chambers. Since he was only firing blanks, it didn't cause any real damage. It was rather exciting to see, though.

Weak cylinders weren't that uncommon. It was due to the metallurgy of the period. Out of 1000 Colt Walkers supplied to the Army, 240 had to be replaced due to burst cylinders.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I was born in Kentucky, and I love every part of the state......as long as it's outside of Jefferson Co. Louisvile, though, is just like any other larger city, there are parts of town that I feel comfortable in, and other parts I would not go into for any reason.

Did you ever notice that all of us Clarksville boys had deep Kentucky "Holler" roots? I have a theory, they came up to Louisville to find work and all it took was living in Louisville for one year and they then said, "F this...I am moving to Indiana.."

I always tease my Louisville customers with this little tidbit...

Me-"Do you know who founded Louisville, KY?"
    Customer-"George Rogers Clark?"
    Me-"Correct..And do you know what he did one year later?"
    Customer-"No."
    Me-"He moved to Clarksville..":):

Top Bottom