• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LarryHoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    I recently acquired this sweet little bit of Enfield-taria at auction. It is an 1898 LEC which was converted into this Royal Irish Constabulary carbine. Bore is excellent and the mismatched bolt is silky smooth. It shoots better than it looks! If my old eyes could resolve that front sight I could get pretty decent groups @ 100 yds.

8136155952_043954e05f.jpg

8136156076_2d55c16b5a.jpg

8136156018_df69d78649.jpg

:patriot:

8136156320_283719a276.jpg

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    A very nice gun, nicely stamped... Of course, If the Germans and the Brits ever got into a gun marking war, it would be hard to guess who would come out on top... So what do you have to do to feed that beastie????

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Very beautiful rifle. I have got a little Enfield Jewel myself that came in the shop I am getting ready to list on gunbroker...It's a 1919 Lithgow marked MAO on the stock (Manufactured Australia Orange) with original volley sights.

I have always felt the Enfield was the best military bolt rifle ever made. Is there any import stamps on your little beauty? I am curious as to when that would have came into the country. I have only seen one RIC Enfield and with myself having some Northern Irish (Ulster Irish) roots I really wanted it for my collection. It was at Oakwood in Lousville and he wanted $700 which may has well have been $50,000 at that moment in my life. You have a real jewel there and if you ever make it south to Clarksville please bring it by the shop so I can touch it. So much history there in your hands.:yesway:

Wysko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Indy, West Side.
    WOW!!! That is a super nice find. Now thats a rifle that could tell stories. I have only seen the Royal Irish Constabulary in photos and you have the real deal. :yesway: Great camera/photo work as well.

Lagrange

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Lagrange, IN.
    Congrats! Thats a fine looking rifle. I have one and love the accuracy. The one I bought I had to clean the cosmolene out of before I could shoot it. I had it inspected and checked for possible dangers. It turned out to be great with a ton of armory replacement parts and shoots great. Have fun with it!

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Lust, lust. All I have is a 60's 2A Ishi carbine, but oh, that bolt! I can clear 10 aimed shots in 15 seconds left handed. I doubt it has any stories to tell, but if it was the last rifle I wound up with after all the ARs broke down, I'd be fine with it.

Atlas

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Excellent, nice and rare marked rifle you have there! I once owned a Savage-made WW2 Enfield that supposedly was used by the IRA.

Mustang380gal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Ohio's Amish Country
    My husband has a 1917 Enfield that he took to a few Appleseeds. I used it to hit steel at 500 yards. What an experience!

You have a real treasure. Hope you get many years of enjoyment from it.

Top Bottom