Football is NOT over until ref blows whistle!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Say this on Yahoo News.

The team's field goal is blocked and the other team begins to celebrate. The kicking team is all sad but then realize that the play is NOT over and run the football to the game winning touchdown!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFWIzoxYQ4s]YouTube - John Glenn Homecoming 2009[/ame]

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    HA!

Happened at my youngests flag football game a couple of weeks ago.

Ran the ball past what the kids "thought" was the goal line and everyone stopped
    and looked at each other. The coaches were screaming don't stop until the whistle blows. They were still 10 yds out but made the touchdown. :laugh:

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    That is just awsome! Always play till the whistle blows.

Hell I grew up about 7 miles from John Glen. Actually lived in Plymouth for a number of years as well. Too friggin' funny.

Great find.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    It aint over till the fat lady sings...... O wait this is football.
    It aint over till the whistle blows....... That sounds a little better.

Gosh I bet that was a very uncool party afterward, not just that you got beaten, but you gave the game away and now your girlfriend isn't talking to you. :laugh:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    looks like link has been removed

here's another

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS1vkS_bv-c]YouTube - Crazy finish at Michigan high school football game - john glenn[/ame]

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    My sophomore year of College, we blocked a PAT attempt. The play was not whistled dead yet, and in front of me, about the 1 yd line, was the ball. I picked it up and ran 99yrds for what I thought was a touchdown.

Turns out because it was a blocked PAT, it was only worth 2 points. So, I ran 99 stinking yards for 2 measly points. It ended up being the only 2 points I ever scored in a college game, as I was a defensive back my entire career, and never returned an interception in college.

I also have the privaledge of holding the Rose-Hulman school record for longest blocked PAT return. That and $1.25 get me a 20oz coke in the vending machine at work. :):

Like the title says, the play isn't over until the whistle blows, and until it does, keep going 100%.

Top Bottom