• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Longhair

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    In college, we would keep our fraternity fridge stocked by going to the ghetto/trailer parks, and paying $60, cash, for $100 in food stamps. We'd buy steaks, crab legs, hot dogs, hamburgers wuth them for all our cookouts. It was awesome.... and before someone tells me what a horrible person I was, recognize I was 19 or 20.

Gotta love an honest cop.......:rolleyes:

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    I actually knew people that I worked with that would not get married so they could keep getting government cheese. It is sad and I wish there was a way they could be more selective to prevent bs like this from happening. It is not fair for the rest of us and it is truly hurting our economy.

I loves me some Guvment cheese!

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    In college, we would keep our fraternity fridge stocked by going to the ghetto/trailer parks, and paying $60, cash, for $100 in food stamps. We'd buy steaks, crab legs, hot dogs, hamburgers wuth them for all our cookouts. It was awesome.... and before someone tells me what a horrible person I was, recognize I was 19 or 20.

You were a horrible person.

For being in a frat.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN

My fiance's mother does basically the same thing for my fiance's uncle. She provides cell phone service, a small amount of cash, and a small amount of cash to her grandparents, where he lives. She then takes his little card and does her grocery shopping with it.

He still buys some of the groceries with the cash, which in turn helps the grandparents a little, but he mostly just lives without expenses and uses the cash for spending money. It isnt much, but it is something.

And yes, I find the scam despicable, and have pointed out that it is illegal. Mother-in-law to be doesnt care, fiance doesnt want to get involved.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    A lady that works at our local grocery said someone came in last week and bought all of their Morel mushrooms, and paid with food stamps.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Actually folks on Gun Boards, Buying & Selling Guns who are on the Government Dole and taking advantage of every $$ give away that they can. WE the Tax Payer are subsidizing their lifestyle and Gun Purchases. I'm Not against helping anyone short term who needs help but this is ridiculous and a waste of Tax Monies :noway: IMO

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Those cards should ONLY be for rice, flour, baby food, and vegetables, NOTHING else. Just the BASICS needed for survival. NO morels, NO steak, NO seafood, etc. If they want these items, they should work for them! Heck, they always " somehow" come up with the money for cable TV.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Those cards should ONLY be for rice, flour, baby food, and vegetables, NOTHING else. Just the BASICS needed for survival. NO morels, NO steak, NO seafood, etc. If they want these items, they should work for them! Heck, they always " somehow" come up with the money for cable TV.

WELFARE people get F R E E cable, internet, cell-phone:xmad: Why are they going to work if they get all those goodies:dunno:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Funny how most cheer on millionaire welfare queens in tights and the bash food stamp recipients who smoke or feast on morels.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Take these food stamps and other ridiculous "allowances" away....could you imagine the rioting?
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek-CwbiPeZI[/ame]

Top Bottom