• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I've been looking at 2 different folding rear sights. I have no experience with either, so what's the harm in asking right? Besides the obvious of one being plastic and the other metal, any difference in the Magpul and the Troy?

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I have the magpul, no complaints and I can't justify spending that much on metal sights. I can buy front AND rear magpul sights for the price of just the front troy sight. Maybe if it was hardened steel but aluminum? Really? If its getting hit hard enough to bend/break the magpul sight, it'll be enough to bend/break the aluminum.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    If you are going to run an optic as you main sighting system, get the Magpul MBUS.

While some others may tell you to get the Troy's or XYZ because the are "metal" and not "plastic", just how often are you going to use these sights if they are a "backup" anyway?

Also you'd be surprised to learn the MBUS held up better under abuse than the more expensive "metal" sights.

I was once asked "why" I had no problem spending $900 on an optic and then "cheaped out" and bought a MBUS rear sight.........put your money where it matters.

:twocents:

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    If you are going to run an optic as you main sighting system, get the Magpul MBUS.

While some others may tell you to get the Troy's or XYZ because the are "metal" and not "plastic", just how often are you going to use these sights if they are a "backup" anyway?

Also you'd be surprised to learn the MBUS held up better under abuse than the more expensive "metal" sights.

I was once asked "why" I had no problem spending $900 on an optic and then "cheaped out" and bought a MBUS rear sight.........put your money where it matters.

:twocents:

That's pretty much what I was thinking. I'm going to be running an optic and wanted to get something for a backup. And I'm by no means an operator so I don't really expect the thing to take a ton of abuse.

Top Bottom