• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I had the same problem with the Fobus paddle holster for my P99. Everytime I would attempt to draw my gun, I'd end up pulling the gun and holster off my belt instead. On the plus side, my PK380 fits perfectly in the P99 holster and I can actually draw my PK380 without pulling the holster off my belt.

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    I have a GL2 for my G19, and it works perfect. I also picked up a fobus for my XD9, and it actually had the adjustment screw so you could change the tension.

Brian374

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2014
    Jacksonville
    Hello Sianbrimons, I too purchased a Fobus paddle holster and it was very tight! I tried to use a file, and razor to cut some of the plastic to make it easier for me to get the pistol in and out of the holster. Nothing I tried worked very well? After thinking about it for awhile, and since I could not return it, I used a 3/8ths inche drill bit and drilled the dimple (inditation) where the trigger guard holds the pistol in the holster. I drilled through the holster, front and back. Do not drill through the paddle. It still was too tight. I then took an 1/2 inche drill bit and drilled through ONLY the outside part of the holster. I did not drill through the holster. I then used a file and razer to make it smooth. It worked great! I have two Beretta paddle holster and the Fobus paddle holster now has the same tension. This worked for me and I hope this helps you. Have a great day! :cool:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Hello Sianbrimons, I too purchased a Fobus paddle holster and it was very tight! I tried to use a file, and razor to cut some of the plastic to make it easier for me to get the pistol in and out of the holster. Nothing I tried worked very well? After thinking about it for awhile, and since I could not return it, I used a 3/8ths inche drill bit and drilled the dimple (inditation) where the trigger guard holds the pistol in the holster. I drilled through the holster, front and back. Do not drill through the paddle. It still was too tight. I then took an 1/2 inche drill bit and drilled through ONLY the outside part of the holster. I did not drill through the holster. I then used a file and razer to make it smooth. It worked great! I have two Beretta paddle holster and the Fobus paddle holster now has the same tension. This worked for me and I hope this helps you. Have a great day! :cool:

Interesting first post...

Fobus Holsters are garbage. They're always WAY too tight when new, and soon after they finally loosen up enough to draw effectively, they become too loose to retain the pistol.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I have a couple Fobi. Just work them over with some armorall and they should work fine for the range.

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    I just fixed that problem with mine. I started with a bit smaller than the actual hole the rivets in. As soon as the bit went through it started spinning the rivet. So I held the rivet with a pair of pliers and tried drilling again. It worked for a while and started spinning again. Eventually I just crushed the rivet with the pliers and it came out. I plan on putting a pretty black allen bolt with a small locknut in the future but I found this one in my bolt box so it works for now. I just adjusted the nut a little and tried it out and went from there until I got it were I wanted it. I used a little locktight on the nut. It works much better now. This holster sat in my closet for at least 4 or 5 years because you couldnt pull the gun out without the whole thing coming off with the gun. Even with a leather belt.
    12020533224_4f39a20103_b.jpg

Top Bottom