• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    WOW that was fun. If anyone is considering this they should do it! This was my first and I'm hooked. It's official, I no longer claim to be a historical gun collector, I'm a gun guy. I'm now going to try a little of everything else this amazing sport has to offer. I'm off to ACT's website to sign up for...well, everything. I feel like I should walk the isle, or get baptized or something to go along with this new man feeling.:rockwoot::D

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    WOW that was fun. If anyone is considering this they should do it! This was my first and I'm hooked. It's official, I no longer claim to be a historical gun collector, I'm a gun guy. I'm now going to try a little of everything else this amazing sport has to offer. I'm off to ACT's website to sign up for...well, everything. I feel like I should walk the isle, or get baptized or something to go along with this new man feeling.:rockwoot::D

hehe, welcome to the world of shooting sports :rockwoot:

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Great Evening!

Thanks to Adam, Anton, and all the RO's for running a great match last night. The weather was perfect, and we had a safe, successful match. I was really pleased to see so many new people, and to see so many youth involved! It's always a pleasure to see how shooters improve over time (and grow a foot taller, like Caleb :)).

As we've discussed previously, it is required that shotgun shooters pick up their hulls after the match so that the range is cleaner when we leave it than when we found it. In this case I think we only had 1 shotgun shooter and unfortunately Anton and I had to pick up his hulls after the match. I know this is a personal pet peeve of Anton and mine; if we continue to have hulls left out on the field after a match by shotgun shooters, those specific shooters will not be allowed to shoot shotgun at future matches.

Our goal here isn't to be mean, but to emphasize that it is the shooter's responsibility to be safe, prepared, and to clean up after themselves. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

Thanks again for a great match, and see you in August!
    Chuck

Last edited:

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton

I warned you! You fulfilled your goal, you whooped me too. LOL

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    By the way...If you are shooting a string that requires 3 targets with double taps to each one, your gun only holds 17 rounds. You really should reload for the last string. I'm just saying..... Also....after the reload...be sure to find the front sight again. 3.04, 2.84, 10.35.

My approximate 20 seconds worth of encephal flatus cost me about 10 spots over all and probably 5 spots in limited:dunno:

Last edited:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    By the way...If you are shooting a string that requires 3 targets with double taps to each one, your gun only holds 17 rounds. You really should reload for the last string. I'm just saying..... Also....after the reload...be sure to find the front sight again. 3.04, 2.84, 10.35.

If your right handed and left eye dominate, when shooting around the right side of the barrier be sure to close your right eye like normal. If not you close your good eye and wonder why you cant see the sites on the gun.:D

Last edited:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Zoub, you should have stopped by; I did with pregnant wife in tow! She got a kick out of seeing the shooting for real and not just in videos. I kind of laughed when walking out on the firing line as I felt bad for not carrying my shooting bag and a gun or two (well, I was carrying two, but nobody seemed to notice!). I did feel bad until I realized I had the guns and more than enough ammo in the truck already to go!

Looked like a fun night and some fun crews. I missed it, but had a great evening with the wife and no little one! Had a great dinner, too and teh waitress didn't look a bit like Dale Jr. and she wasn't half bad!!

Doug k
    OK, I had to emphasize that.

I did have the propane bug fogger with me just in case, as a community service if needed but I was in a zone. I will show up for August, fogger in hand.

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    Great match, had a lot of fun!

I dont mean to be a whiner buuuuuuuut can we get a recount on a couple of those 22R string times? 1.17? 1.07? is that even possible?

I know its all good fun and 22R can be tough to pick up on the timer... but someone please tell me I dont suck... please??? ;)

(or get me some red bull or whatever they were drinking! )

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I am going to shoot my 22/45 more often , great fun for my first match with it.
    I need to try some different ammo so it will run a little better.
    I had a great time as usual ,thanks for the quick scores

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    1 second runs....

With split times in the .1 second range (which are exceptional, but possible especially with a rifle) I would think these times are possible on some of the more simple stages. That being said, I'd love to see some video so that we can all check it out.

Great match, had a lot of fun!

I dont mean to be a whiner buuuuuuuut can we get a recount on a couple of those 22R string times? 1.17? 1.07? is that even possible?

I know its all good fun and 22R can be tough to pick up on the timer... but someone please tell me I dont suck... please??? ;)

(or get me some red bull or whatever they were drinking! )

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    hmm I was the guy with those superfast times, and.. frankly I think those are in error.

A 22lr AR is a quick gun, but not THAT quick.

high 1s and low 2s I can do.... 1.07 I doubt is real.

Another reason its time for me to hang up the old 22 AR, bust out a pistol and shoot like a man :)

I really hoped Burl was shooting his 22, I wanted to beat him, but then he goes and shoots SS!

Ruined my night I tell ya. :)

Top Bottom