• parsimonious

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    SE IN
    My friend has an fnp 9. I kinda like it. I've been looking at fnhusa.com

and the only difference I can see between the fnp and the fnx is that
    the fnx kinda looks like a high point. Really square.

Does anyone know of any difference between these two platforms?

GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    The FNX handguns have interchangeable backstraps, and a more aggressive feel to the grip of them. Other than that, I dont think there is any difference.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    FNP: There are two models. Standard and USG (US Government). They both come with two back straps and three mags. The standard model has no front slide serrations, and is decocker only. The USG has a decocker/safety. You can get them with a matte black or matte stainless slide. The USG can also be had with a FDE frame.

FNX: Comes with four back straps and three mags. There is just one model, because they all come equipped with decocker/safety. They very much resembles the FNP45, its controls are different from the 9 or .40. Two minor things that I do not care for on the FNX. They relocated the magazine catch. Inserting a mag feels sloppy on some of the ones I have handled. I know some people reported having difficulty inserting mags when they where first released. I also do not like how the back strap is held on, compared to the FNP.

They are both great platforms. I own a matte stainless FNP9 which I absolutely love. It is my full size carry gun. I have shot Sigs, Beretta's, and other hammer fired platforms. However, the FNP just fits me, and is very accurate. I also have a matte black USG in .40. Which I'm trying to sale, only to consolidate calibers.

I give FN :yesway::yesway: :rockwoot:

AutoMovt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    I have both the FNP-45 and FNX-40 and they are both great shooters for me. I shoot the FNX40 so well it made it easier for me to sell of my Glock 22.

The big difference between the FNP-9/40 and the FNX-9/40 / FNP-45 is the barrel is lower on the frame which helps control the recoil.

GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    I also do not like how the back strap is held on, compared to the FNP.

That was really my only complaint on the FNX 9 that I had. I didnt have any problems with the back straps, but I think over time, that system may not last.
    The only reason I got rid of mine was because I didnt want a full size 9mm anymore. I also give FNH two :yesway::yesway:

Top Bottom