• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigpopper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    Looking into buying a fN I have heard mixed reviews any opinions would be helpful. Also looking for a para worthog any feelings on those as well

SyntorX

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I looked at Fn for awhile...FnS series is striker fired, FnX is hammered. Both have a real comfortable grip both have multiple backstraps you can change out. X has 4 and S series has 2, so it can pretty much fit any hand.
    One of the main things I liked was both of the guns are fully ambidexterous..I'm a righty and my wife is left handed.
    FNX40 is still on my list.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    My EDC is Para P12, which fired the bullet in my av, and seems to be the father of the Warthog. I like it so much I bought a second in case the first one has to spend some time with big brother.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    OP, FN is a reputable manufacturer and makes quality products. FN is not new or small in the business. They make a lot of the world's small arms. Ever hear of Browning or Winchester? What about the Hi Power pistol?

I have shoot the FNP pistols. Very accurate and reliable, plus made here in the US. I would guess the FNX and FNS would follow suit.

pokersamurai

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    OP, FN is a reputable manufacturer and makes quality products. FN is not new or small in the business. They make a lot of the world's small arms. Ever hear of Browning or Winchester? What about the Hi Power pistol?

I have shoot the FNP pistols. Very accurate and reliable, plus made here in the US. I would guess the FNX and FNS would follow suit.

+1

Quality wise FN is top notch.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Looking into buying a fN I have heard mixed reviews any opinions would be helpful. Also looking for a para worthog any feelings on those as well

My current FN collection includes the following:
    FNP-45
    FNP-45 Tactical
    FN FiveSeven
    FS2000 Tactical
    and the latest is the FNX-9

I have never had any issues with any FN product. All functioned and fed perfectly right out of the box. I love the FNX-9, fully ambidextrous, manual safety and decocking lever. For me it is one of those weapons that lines up perfectly and fits in my hand like they made it just for me. For me, FN is second only to my HK pieces.

tdoom15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    If you're looking for a DA/SA pistol, it'd be a mistake not to look at the FNX, assuming the safety isn't too low for your thumbs forward grip (I had the issue of sometimes rendering the trigger dead due to pushing too hard on the safety). They need to move it to the position it is on the FNS and it would be perfect. It has one of the better SA triggers out there imo.

The FNS has the same great list of features as the FNX and some of the best factory night sights I've seen. That being said, I had one and don't anymore. The trigger is just not good enough to compete imo.

joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    I owned an FNP 9mm for quite a while. Loved the pistol! Traded it in on an XDm that I just HAD to have...

Honestly, I wish I hadn't - I much prefer a hammer fired DA\SA gun. That deal helped me figure it out.

Wish I still had it!

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Honestly, FN is just as reputable of a company as Colt or Remington. They have been making guns for longer than any of us have been alive. If you recall, John Browning worked for them for a while. The FAL was originally their design. Every gun Ive ever seen that has been turned out of Fabrique National has been one Id proudly fire. I realize this is inconsequential to this particular model, so let me say this: My hands wont fit a double stack Glock 45. They will, however, fit a double stack FN 45 with the proper backstrap installed.

As far as Para goes, I would take a single action but not a double. This comes after having to work on both. Word to the wise, it aint no Colt. I feel Paras, like Kimbers, are overpriced. Ive seen Paras corrode faster. With proper care, however, it shouldnt let you down.

Top Bottom