• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jpfledderer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Westside
    Does anyone fly fish for carp? I've been doing it for a couple of years now. Pretty cool to hook a 20lb pig and watch them run like a baracuda.:):. Main spots I fish are Sugar Creek.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Poor mans bonefish. I havn't in awhile but it is fun. I caught an 11 lb blue cat on a GR hares ear and 5x tippet one time that ranks as one of the funnest fish I have ever caught on a fly rod. I just sat in my belly boat trying to convince him to come my way. 20 minutes of pure joy. I was a trout snob for about a year and gave it up.

I have a pic in the shop of me with an 18 inch crappie I caught on a Clousers. I keep it there for the fly fisherman that say "You can't catch crappie on a fly rod."

Enjoy catching those "Hillbilly Bones"!:rockwoot:

Jpfledderer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Westside
    Usually pink or green egg flies work the best, my buddy has a "carp" fly he ties that works well too. I use 7 wt rod with Rio carp line. Just got a new Sage reel. You really need a good drag system. You can get in yout backing in seconds. Carp are very smart and easily spooked fish. Good luck if you ever go.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom