• Total voters

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I get them every now and then. I have never had the flu after taking them, but have had the flu when I hadn't (not every time though). The last time I got the flu was a couple years ago and I remember lying in bed wishing I had taken a flu shot that year.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I have never gotten a flu shot. But last year I had a terrible case of the flu that I thought was going to kill me (I felt like I was dead). This experience has me strongly considering getting the shot this year.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Every time I've gotten them, I get the flu. I've never caught it otherwise.
    Ima jes' take my chances by NOT taking the shots. :yesway:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Just in case, I hope everyone understands what "flu" is. Influenza is a respiratory infection that causes symptoms like a "super cold," including high fever, extreme body aches and weakness, lot of congestion in the lungs and sinuses, extreme coughing, headaches, etc.

Unfortunately some people use the term "flu" to apply to gastrointestinal ailments (i.e. "the stomach flu."). These are not influenza-related and a flu shot will have no effect on whether or not you contract such an illness. I have no way of knowing if anyone here is making that mistake, but I've known several people in "meat space" who say they had the flu, but it was some form of gastroenteritis, not influenza.

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Just in case, I hope everyone understands what "flu" is. Influenza is a respiratory infection that causes symptoms like a "super cold," including high fever, extreme body aches and weakness, lot of congestion in the lungs and sinuses, extreme coughing, headaches, etc.

Unfortunately some people use the term "flu" to apply to gastrointestinal ailments (i.e. "the stomach flu."). These are not influenza-related and a flu shot will have no effect on whether or not you contract such an illness. I have no way of knowing if anyone here is making that mistake, but I've known several people in "meat space" who say they had the flu, but it was some form of gastroenteritis, not influenza.

So you are saying that it isn't the flu that is making it burn when I pee???

:D

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    So you are saying that it isn't the flu that is making it burn when I pee???

:D

As I am not a properly trained and licensed physician, I cannot answer your question. :dunno:

I do know that you can get antibiotics at the pet store, however. :D

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    As I am not a properly trained and licensed physician, I cannot answer your question. :dunno:

Don't throw up the tetracycline. It tastes horrendous on the way out.

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN

You can also use stool softener in your ear. I swear that was a trick my ENT doctor told me.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Don't forget the fun prelude to pneumonia it can be!!
    Shots: Thanks, but no thanks.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    ILL stick to eating healthy and not smoking "almost 6yrs cigarette free" and counting (me and wifey quit together).

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    military "make" us get them. we get the flu mist, so i just walk away and blow my nose. last time i got the shot, i was puking and poo'ing at the same time i got so sick. scew the flu vaccine

Top Bottom