• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coaster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Brownsburg
    Hunter Safety Course is acceptable for FL permit even though their paperwork says that it must be signed by the instructor and include his number. Just received mine two weeks ago.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    samwathegreat, I stand corrected about the indiana license being recognized in NM. I was even concerned enough about my Florida non-resident that I sent an email to someone in their DPS and they did confirm specifically that the Florida permit IS acceptable. Since there are some states that only accept resident permits I wanted to be sure. Thanks.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    My conversation with DPS 5 minutes ago:

Me - "Hi, I have a question about obtaining a non-resident AZ Carry permit."

Rep - "Yes..."

Me - "Will my Indiana LTCH satisify the training requirements?"

Rep - "Hold on, let me check...."

Rep - "No, the Indiana Handgun Permit does not qualify, however, the Indiana hunters license does."

Me - "Thanks for your help"

So it seems I was inadvertantly misinformed. Cosermann is right. If you have a hunters license or a DD-214, send it in. Otherwise, you must have some other approved form of training.
    Where does it state that my DD214 is acceptable proof of training? If that's all that's required I'll go for it. THANKS!!

samwathegreat

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Section 6, subsection C:

(c) An original or a copy of a United States department of defense form 214 (DD-214) indicating an honorable discharge or general discharge under honorable conditions, a certificate of completion of basic training or any other document demonstrating proof of the applicant's current or former service in the United States armed forces as prescribed by subsection N, paragraph 6 of this section.

Here's the link: Arizona Revised Statutes - Arizona Department of Public Safety

samwathegreat

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    If Nevada does indeed start honoring AZ's permit, I'll get one to go along with my IN + FL licenses. I'd love the opportunity to visit Vegas....but only if I can exercise my rights. :)

Top Bottom