• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    I assume Walt was the big guy sitting behind the desk on the right when one came in. Yes, he is great guy, once explained firearms related things to me for well over an hour, told me wha not to do and how to improve. But then other local gun shops do the same, it's good business practice and part of attracting customers by not just selling them stuff but also explaining how to use it.

It was a nice a indoor range and I am sad it's gun. I used it little but it was very nice having it around. There membership were quite pricy and I guess just couldn't compete the cheap conservation clubs around. Also, their transfer fees were quite steep. Still sad to see it go.

WabashMX5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Yeah, Walt's the big guy with a beard; Sally's his wife; Brad is the skinny guy (don't know if he's any relation of theirs); and I'm not sure I ever caught the name of the youngest guy you'd sometimes see behind the counter.

Hope someone can buy up the property and make it a go....

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Hmmm, maybe I hang Union Jacks in the store, serve tea and biscuits at 4 (I'll hire rhino to push the tea cart), and at noon everyone stands at attention while I play God Save the Queen on the kazoo.:D

Simply smashing idea, ol' chap! Smashing indeed!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Yeah, Walt's the big guy with a beard; Sally's his wife; Brad is the skinny guy (don't know if he's any relation of theirs); and I'm not sure I ever caught the name of the youngest guy you'd sometimes see behind the counter.

Hope someone can buy up the property and make it a go....

I believe you refer to Pat... He's Walt and Sally's son.

Hmmm, maybe I hang Union Jacks in the store, serve tea and biscuits at 4 (I'll hire rhino to push the tea cart), and at noon everyone stands at attention while I play God Save the Queen on the kazoo.:D

YouTube - British Anthem, God Save the Queen (with lyrics)

If I eat Italian food for lunch, I could probably
    fart.gif
    along with your kazoo... With a little work, one of us might not sound like the other. :D

Blessings,
    Bill

Hiker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Just joined up so I could post to this thread.

Today I took a 1/2 day off just so I could run a few rounds through a couple of my guns. I live way on the north side, so it was a long drive down there. Ah, closed. :dunno: Never thought to call or check the web to see if they were still open.

I don't shoot much, mostly just shoot to keep skills up. But, when I felt like it, I headed to Flat Creek. Decent lanes, though sometimes things wouldn't work right or the target would sway alot due to the ventilation.

The younger guy was super nice and we had nice talks whenever I was there. Hope things work out for them one way or another.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

Nope. They've sold those for years, and they still hold the FFL 01 (although it lists Flat Creek's location...), plus the 07 manufacturer, so they can make anything. It's not their responsibility who buys them or what they do with them afterward, with the exception that they have to do the 4473 for any firearm and have a tax stamp in place before completing a Class III sale.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom