• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CorvetteTom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Shelbyville
    I've been wanting a high power flashlight (aka spotlight). I was at TSC the other day and saw a few there. $10 - $40

Power: From 1M to 15M candlepower. One with 3M, the box said can spot objects up to 10 miles away.... um... really?

Rechargeable: A must.

Cost: I'm thrifty. :)

Don't really know what I need but you can't see what 2M candlepower does in the store. So... what do you think?

CorvetteTom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Shelbyville
    Well... I'm not spotting deer or anything like that. I want one for the house, truck, etc. General purpose stuff. Powerful without being big. I have a 6v flashlight that's nice but eats batteries and it's not powerful enough to see what's out there in the dark. I want to 'light it up'!! :D

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    I bought a 2M B&D from Wally World. Rechargable using AC/DC. I think it was $30ish.

I had another that was like $70. Much brighter and whiter. Decided I didn't need that powerful a spot. Come to think about it I probably could have used a better one a couple weeks ago.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I bought one of those 2M B&D's a few years ago, so far it's been pretty decent, mine has proven to be extremely rugged w/ good throw & coverage, no complaints other than it's a bit top heavy, they probably could have put the heavy battery at the bottom of the handle instead of in the top to have balanced it out better but regardless I feel that I have easily gotten my 30 bucks of use out of it & then some.

CorvetteTom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Shelbyville
    Okay, thanks for the info guys. The 2M should be a good general use beam. I may step up to the 3M they have at TSC because price is nearly the same.

Loopie... that is a $400 flashlight! LOL It was a mean mutha though. Wow!

Bigdee06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    The picture of the HID light in action is almost unbelievable. Its very bright even for a mounted model but that performance out of a small handheld light??? Its real expensive though so who knows. I'd like to talk to someone who has one and actually see it work. Can you imagine that as a weapon light, you wouldn't even need to shoot, it would literally blind/melt thier skin off! If anyone has any experience with Spymodex let us know if the company is legit.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom