• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Yea my Mossberg os new and i know what your talking about. i tried that and it works im just concerned if it will stay on after shooting a few rounds because its only held together with a single wing nut.
    and thanks for that surefire suggestion i was actually lookin at that one.

You just need to tighten it more. If you are worried, take the bulb out of the light, put the flashlight back on the gun, and head to the range for some testing. If you can make the flashlight fly, it wasn't tight enough. At least you won't ruin the bulb if you take it out. Remember, this needs to withstand 6 rounds, not 100.

Good luck.

xamsx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    NW
    The best values on the market right now in terms of performance and quality for the price are Fenix and Olight. Their performance is outstanding.
    Agreed!

Just bought an Olight M21 Warrior, (plus a rail mount, pressure switch, and some rechargeable 18650's to all go with) and it's awesome! The best light I've ever owned. Did quite a bit of researching before I decided on it. I looked at a lot of beam comparisons online and found the Olight's to have the best beam to spread ratio, tint, etc. (IMO)
    I was in the same money boat as you, too..
    $120 for this quality light is a deal.
    Will fit in the mount you want, as well. And is just small enough for pocket carry.. (The pocket clip is removable)

My next purchase will be the Olight M30.

Can't go wrong with Olight's! Look into them!

[/olight hype] :D

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    No i know wut your sayin but i work in a hardware store so i know a little about this stuff and ive snapped bolts in half by tightening them too much, add to that the shock of a shotgun blast, that little 1/4 bolt doesnt stand a chance, especially since i can guaruntee that the clamp is not hardened steel. why would it be. i know it works as a setup but i would feel a whole lot better getting a legitimate mount. plus that barrel clamp sets the flashlight too low for my liking. and another reason why im for sure getting that mount is because i want to slap on a laser as well and the barrel clamp wont help. but thanks for the suggestion.

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    I think the mount you have choosen is a good choice. As for a light, I do not have any specific reccs, but if you can find a good with an LED bulb, they will likely be more shock resistant.

I have a Surefire 6P on my 12 ga. HD gun and I am almost afraid to shoot it too much, because I do not want to break the bulb.

On the flip side, Insight makes lights with Xenon bulbs that are apparently designed specifically to deal with the shock of firing, so who knows if my opinion matters.

StrayDog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    South West
    The best values on the market right now in terms of performance and quality for the price are Fenix and Olight. Their performance is outstanding.

:+1: Couldn't agree more. Have one of each, and looking at another Fenix.

Has anyone seen the Gander Mountain model? Seems like a deal at $40. Just wondering if anyone had any experience with it. Looks like it would make a great gift.

Gander Mountain® > Gander Mountain 220 Lumen Handheld LED Flashlight - Hunting > Lights > Flashlights :

peterock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    25   1   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    i picked up a pair of 160 lumen tactical lights at costco a couple weeks back, $20.00 for two.. I dont know much about flashlights but, these are super bright and cheap. The package claims they are shockproof and water resistant. They use cree led which are a pretty reputable name in led technology. *edit, after some research, i see fenix uses cree led lights.

Last edited:

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I've got a UTG-SWAT Force series with a super bright LED on my Mossburg 500 SPX. Model number LT-EL338. I've put 15 rounds of 00 Buck and 25 slugs through my 500 SPX with the light attached. The light has held it's place on the rail and works fine. It also comes with a rail mount and pressure switch which I have relocated to the forend since this pic was taken. I paid $65 for mine

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long_guns/74325-mossburg_500_spx.html#post856472

Top Bottom