• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I think the Quark Tactical 123^2 and the Quark Mini AA^2 will fit my needs nicely. Any dealers near Indy to look at them for a final decison?

Well I just ordered the Tactical 123^2 Quark from the led warehouse since he advertises here and don't know where a "local" dealer is.

I had no idea flashlights had websites and forums devoted to them until I started looking around :)

Anyway I wanted to get the Mini AA^2 but they weren't listed there. Another thing...who is CREE as in do they have competitors? and what are the REAL life differences between XM-L and XPG-S2 emitters? And finally in the 4sevens line, which models have the best throw? At least at Walmart the Coleman and maglite had some numbers for it, but on the high dollar ones, its hard to find that kind of spec listed.

theledwarehouse

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Vicksburg, MI
    We typically have the Mini AA, we are just out. I can let you know when they come back in. They are a pretty handy light. About the size of a mini mag, but with a lot more light.

theledwarehouse

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Vicksburg, MI
    Well I just ordered the Tactical 123^2 Quark from the led warehouse since he advertises here and don't know where a "local" dealer is.

I had no idea flashlights had websites and forums devoted to them until I started looking around :)

Anyway I wanted to get the Mini AA^2 but they weren't listed there. Another thing...who is CREE as in do they have competitors? and what are the REAL life differences between XM-L and XPG-S2 emitters? And finally in the 4sevens line, which models have the best throw? At least at Walmart the Coleman and maglite had some numbers for it, but on the high dollar ones, its hard to find that kind of spec listed.

Cree is an LED manufacturer and developer. They are in North Carolina. As far as competitors, luminous is probably the biggest, they make the sst lights.

Xpg vs XML: the XML is more efficient, meaning if you powered it the same as the xpg the xml would give off more light. The XML is also physically larger, so ever though the new XML lights have higher output, they have more flood to their beam.

theledwarehouse

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Vicksburg, MI
    Forgot about throw lights......

The deeper and smoother the reflector, the more throw. The downside is that you tend to get a little hollow center, aka a donut in your beam.

The G5 and the turbo aa^2 and turbo 123^2 are the big throw lights for 4Sevens. The G5 is build to be weapon mountable, the turbos are more for handheld use. The turbo aa^2 is very popular because it's a nice throw light and runs on AA batteries.

campguy00

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Cree is an LED manufacturer and developer. They are in North Carolina. As far as competitors, luminous is probably the biggest, they make the sst lights.

SSC is the other big player in the LED game. They all manufacture fantastic products and are always competing to produce the most efficient lumens/watt to extend battery life.

+1 on the Quark -- I don't think you will be disappointed!

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I'm glad we have theledwarehouse on board with INGO! A lot of great info so far and hopefully a few people in this thread may be in the market to send some business their way!

Top Bottom