• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Just got a maglite xl50. Great little light. Has fullpower 25% power and strobe features. Rated 104 lumens. Anyone seen a light that has all that PLUS an SOS mode?

Also looking for a rechargable spotlight with the best tradeoff between battery power and utility time. Saw 3 million candlepower which was nice and bright but battery life was 20 min. Do they make any of these with hi low power settings? Is 20 min an average battery life on large spotlights?

Thanks.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Thanks a lot for the info. Those were exactly what I was looking for in flashlights or at least get me going in the right direction.

theledwarehouse

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Vicksburg, MI
    4sevens is owned by one of the original Fenix guys.... He actually makes a little better light than Fenix currently does.

Great value and technology for every day carry lights!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Just got a maglite xl50. Great little light. Has fullpower 25% power and strobe features. Rated 104 lumens. Anyone seen a light that has all that PLUS an SOS mode?

Also looking for a rechargable spotlight with the best tradeoff between battery power and utility time. Saw 3 million candlepower which was nice and bright but battery life was 20 min. Do they make any of these with hi low power settings? Is 20 min an average battery life on large spotlights?

Thanks.

I hav an HID spotlight that has a 90 minute work time and I have yet to find anything brighter than it. it uses the same bulbs as mercedes and bmw's.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Actually, i do have another question.

I usually think of emergency type stuff as being as versatile as possible, so after looking at the 4 seven series I am seriously considering buying in the next week or so, BUT why would anyone buy an emergency use item in a proprietary battery version? I mean AAA and AA are everywhere and I keep them on hand for a myriad of devices, so why would I want a "watch" battery or CR123A battery device? (My weather station does use the 123s so chances are good i have a spare or two, but for extended periods, AA and AAA seem the way to go).

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Am I the only one that read this as "fleshlight recommendations"? Oh well, I'm sure OP has enough suggestions.

Well I do prefer my flashlights to render colors as close to "normal" as possible.

I bought those "blue" lights for head beams on my Moto Guzzi and have hated them ever since. Sure the on coming car may see me afar off, but they are crap when it comes to illuminating a wet road or other night time riding circumstances, and I ride a significant portion of my time at night. With almost 70k on a 2007 model thats a significant portion of my "road time"

Anyways I don't have enough recommendations actually. while the handheld shopping is going well., I would like more input on flood/spot light purchases. Still "in the dark" on that one.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana

I usually think of emergency type stuff as being as versatile as possible, so after looking at the 4 seven series I am seriously considering buying in the next week or so, BUT why would anyone buy an emergency use item in a proprietary battery version? I mean AAA and AA are everywhere and I keep them on hand for a myriad of devices, so why would I want a "watch" battery or CR123A battery device? (My weather station does use the 123s so chances are good i have a spare or two, but for extended periods, AA and AAA seem the way to go).

Who says you can only have one? Flashlights are cheap enough and so darned handy when you need them that I have many different types and sizes to keep in the basement, car, garage, reloading bench, etc. I'm a big fan of Fenix!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ... BUT why would anyone buy an emergency use item in a proprietary battery version? I mean AAA and AA are everywhere and I keep them on hand for a myriad of devices, so why would I want a "watch" battery or CR123A battery device.

Loads more power and a "bigger tank" so to speak.

theledwarehouse

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Vicksburg, MI

You are going to give up light output and have a longer length light by using AA powered lights. The good news is the LED technology is so good that you are still pushing almost 200 lumens off a pair of AA batteries.

Our best selling every day carry light runs on AA. 4Sevens Quark AA^2 S2 Edition

People love them for the exact reasons you listed above.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Heres a flashlight holder, i cant say anything except Gunblast.com reviewed it and it looks legit ...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpA9DfksyLY&feature=feedlik[/ame]

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    my current EDC light is a fenix pd31, just a little fatter then the pd30 but same size otherwise. man this thing is a beast at 304 lumens the best part is I only paid $50 at the 1500 because they didn't have the box for it. most of my EDC size lights are fenix and for the money I don't see any reason to change that. IMO they are every bit as nice as surefire but your getting far more in all aspects for like 75% less money.

theledwarehouse

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Vicksburg, MI
    my current EDC light is a fenix pd31, just a little fatter then the pd30 but same size otherwise. man this thing is a beast at 304 lumens the best part is I only paid $50 at the 1500 because they didn't have the box for it. most of my EDC size lights are fenix and for the money I don't see any reason to change that. IMO they are every bit as nice as surefire but your getting far more in all aspects for like 75% less money.

Something to think about... 4Sevens has a 10 year warranty, a better thread milling and comes with batteries. Other than that, it's the same light as the Fenix.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I think the Quark Tactical 123^2 and the Quark Mini AA^2 will fit my needs nicely. Any dealers near Indy to look at them for a final decison?

Top Bottom